Cornerback | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cornerback

I think Frederick will be a go. Think he just had a sprain. Not sure what exactly happened to Scoop.

Scoop has really rebounded well from that WMU game. He is probably the fastest guy on the team. His speed and hustle probably saved the UNC game. After they broke that long play Scoop was able to chase the guy down from the opposite field and tackle him around the 10. We ended up holding them to a FG, which allowed us to eventually force the game into OT. Small plays like that get overlooked, but it just shows the little things that add to a season saving win.

Frederick has also turned into a super dependable ACC CB. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 3rd team or at least honorable mention all-acc. There have been very few times, if any at all, where his guy has got behind him. He will let up some passes in front of him at times, but that's usually it. Besides those and a couple real nice back shoulder throws completed against him, he's pretty much been lock down city.

What a group that will all be back for another season.

I know we still have plenty to play for this year, but next year? not just the CB group as you mentioned, but most of our starters return, and we will add Jackson and Hendrix at WR and Adams at RB. If our OL can be solid and LBs take the next step, watch out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom