Corso... | Syracusefan.com

Corso...

It reminds of Bob Hope when they still had him on those All American team shows. They finally brought in Ahmad Rashad to work with him and help but it was so painful to see

I don’t think he’s that bad. But maybe they should bring him out for the last hour of the show?

Have a feeling his work on Gameday is keeping him alive. Taking that away from him he might deteriorate fast. Still, he’s more entertaining and makes better comments than Vitale does at this point.

Lee's a good guy but he should have retired years ago.

Years ago I agreed now I don’t mind him anymore.

Herbstreet is the annoying one past his sell by date I loathe these days same takes over and over. Don’t care if he’s good looking and not old. Embarrassingly bad QB as well.

Lee hasn't been the same since his stroke. Not many of us would be. I probably would just have him out for the last part of the show. But it doesn't really matter to me. I rarely watch pregame shows. The actual games take up enough of my day.

Lee hasn't been the same since his stroke. Not many of us would be. I probably would just have him out for the last part of the show. But it doesn't really matter to me. I rarely watch pregame shows. The actual games take up enough of my day.
I didn’t realize he had one. But in that video I was asking myself if he had.

On May 16, 2009, Corso suffered a stroke at his Florida home, suffering partial paralysis. He spent three days in intensive care and a week in the hospital, followed by a lengthy rehabilitation. He was able to return to his ESPN College GameDay duties for the 2009 season

His pre-show ritual back in the day when he was younger was on Friday night he would stay up the entire night in his hotel room just rehearsing lines in the mirror. He said he would be so amp'd up to be on TV that he couldn't sleep anyway so he would just stay up and practice yelling at a mirror in his hotel throughout the night. Then crash and sleep after the show.

The thing with Corso is this, he is that show. The day he is no longer on that show that show becomes irrelevant. As goofy as that put on a hat segment is at the end of the show it's what people tune in for. And once he is gone nobody is going to take the torch and still to do that. The fans will reject it and nobody will do it as good.

I don't get why people are upset and want him removed from the show. It's a 3 hour show for pete sakes and he speaks for like 15 min of it and 5 of those minutes are at the very end. Talk about "being outraged for the sake of just being outraged"...this is a classic example of that. It's not like David Pollack is some crazy talent that needs every ounce of air-time.

Some people just aren't replaceable in their roles. Corso fits that bill. And when he is gone that show becomes irrelevant. It just becomes another show with talking heads.

He is still entertaining.

Agree.

And there's the part that no one sees, he's the guy that gets the crowd going before they on air every week.

It's going to be sad when he's not doing it anymore. He's an institution.

And imagine being a fly on the wall when he was rooming with Burt Reynolds at FSU.

Corso is "perfect" as is, especially relative to the part he plays on that show. I can only imagine the courage it takes to get on that stage after his stroke.

Loved his in-game commentary when the NCAA Football video game franchise was at its peak. He had some great lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom