Could we see the Birth of a Rivalry tomorrow? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Could we see the Birth of a Rivalry tomorrow?

I was thinking of the Louisville one myself. If we can get to be competitive, I could see that sort of thing taking shape. Of course the Louisville rivalry is based more on JB/Pitino, but still.

I still wish we would go north-south in divisions. Then there would be loots of potential rivalries.

this is going to be a one sided rivalry -kinda like rutgirls

they aint smart enough to search out a color no one else has like we did- how field smart can they really be?

I get the feeling if this becomes a rivalry it will be a "friendly" rivalry like we have with BC, not absolute hate like south carolina or unc. From reading this board the past few months it seems nc state will be your "hate" rival.

hate is reserved exclusively for uconnvicts and georgetown

I get the feeling if this becomes a rivalry it will be a "friendly" rivalry like we have with BC, not absolute hate like south carolina or unc. From reading this board the past few months it seems nc state will be your "hate" rival.

But do they hate us? A real rivalry is a mutual hate fest.

BC might as well be Holy Cross as far as I am concerned (we used to play them as well) . Pitt could happen I guess but Louisville is the most likely. However, Clemson has always been my hope but these things happen you can't engineer them.

Rivalries are not so much about championships as they are about simple rivalry for braggin rights. ND/USC, OSU/Michigan, Harvard/Yale, Texas/Oklahoma - those games have nothing to do with championships. OSU/Michigan would be huge if they were both winless.

The only essential ingredient is to play every year. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

they will think of us as one after the game annihilates any chance they had for a nc -
we will get back on the map at the expense of the phoney orange fools

its not a rivalry until both teams win.. see ryder/americas cup..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom