Could we see the Birth of a Rivalry tomorrow? | Syracusefan.com

Could we see the Birth of a Rivalry tomorrow?

North vs. South. I'm jacked up
It is possible, but for it to become a real competitive rivalry, you will up there with Clemson and FSU for the Atlantic.

Yeah, well the jerkstore called, they're running out of you!
Look it's chip!

Attachments

• Chip.jpg
    Chip.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 86
Tomorrow after the game, you will wish there was an "edit feature" for football games.

You are just loaded with comebacks. Keep it up, beb.

We can whoop them tomorrow but I don't see a rivalry starting. I mean it is Clemson. Who cares about a team from Georgia...

We can whoop them tomorrow but I don't see a rivalry starting. I mean it is Clemson. Who cares about a team from Georgia...
You should be thanking Clemson for being on your schedule...I mean it is your super bowl.

"comebacks" the only chance syracuse football has.
Ahh comebacks, something KKKlumpsun never sniffed in the Gator Bowl.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another baby tiger dies...
Please understand my pointed remarks are only intended for Choad1396. I have nothing but respect for you and a good deal of your brethren.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

They will never hate us the way they hate South Carolina and North Carolina. And their game with us will never be as important to them as beating Florida State.

if we develop a rivalry in this conference it's more likely to be Boston College, Pittsburgh or Louisville, depending on what the divisions will be like in the future.

They will never hate us the way they hate South Carolina and North Carolina. And their game with us will never be as important to them as beating Florida State.

if we develop a rivalry in this conference it's more likely to be Boston College, Pittsburgh or Louisville, depending on what the divisions will be like in the future.
I was thinking of the Louisville one myself. If we can get to be competitive, I could see that sort of thing taking shape. Of course the Louisville rivalry is based more on JB/Pitino, but still.

Trust me. If we screw up their title plans today- they will HATE us my friend. Rivalries can be born and built on anything.Not just location.

Trust me. If we screw up their title plans today- they will HATE us my friend. Rivalries can be born and built on anything.Not just location.

You have to sustain them. NC State killed our hopes in '98. I really, really want to beat them. But it's not a rivalry. Two things bu7ild rivalries: location and contention for titles. If Syracuse and Clemson become perennial contenders for the division title, it could become a rivalry but I doubt that will occur. I think we will contend when we are good but won't always be good. Florida State and the Carolinas will always mean more to them than we will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom