Couldn't sleep | Syracusefan.com

Couldn't sleep

syr02esq

Starter
Last night. Kept thinking about all the missed opportunities on the field. And to lose to rutirls made it worse. My Baylor team lost a close one too.

Last night. Kept thinking about all the missed opportunities on the field. And to lose to rutirls made it worse. My Baylor team lost a close one too.
Switch to decaf.

I haven't done that in a long time and I don't miss it. I love my teams but I am getting real good at letting it go after a hour or so. I guess age does that.

You're not serious are you?

I haven't done that in a long time and I don't miss it. I love my teams but I am getting real good at letting it go after a hour or so. I guess age does that.
I agree Dash. While I live for these games, the outcome no longer has me swinging between manic highs and lows. Right now my sports weekend is in the crapper. (1) SU gives away a game to our "annoying little brother" (2) I had the Bills in $5k survivor pool (3) the Yanks dig themselves too deep a hole in game 2 (4) the Giants are doing their best SU imitation. Tomorrow the sun will come up and there is always Tulane to look forward too!

I agree Dash. While I live for these games, the outcome no longer has me swinging between manic highs and lows. Right now my sports weekend is in the crapper. (1) SU gives away a game to our "annoying little brother" (2) I had the Bills in $5k survivor pool (3) the Yanks dig themselves too deep a hole in game 2 (4) the Giants are doing their best SU imitation. Tomorrow the sun will come up and there is always Tulane to look forward too!

The ACC news honestly has really taken the sting off of this loss. Don't get me wrong, I was not a happy camper leaving the Dome yesterday. However, knowing that we are destined for the ACC while Rutgers and Uconn is trapped in a new Big East with potentially SMU, Air force, and Navy makes me smile.

We agree Cuseman. That has carried me for the last few weeks. It is like a black cloud has been lifted. I was going to say for it carried me for a month. Doesn't it seem likeit has been more then two weeks?

We agree Cuseman. That has carried me for the last few weeks. It is like a black cloud has been lifted. I was going to say for it carried me for a month. Doesn't it seem likeit has been more then two weeks?

It really does feel like a month. My biggest concern coming out of the Grob era was that we would fall so far into irrelevancy that we would end up trapped in a non-BCS conference. That would have been a tough pill to swallow. Can you imagine being a Uconn or Rutgers fan today not knowing what your future would look like while some of your conference buddies were picked first in gym class? Ouch

The ACC news honestly has really taken the sting off of this loss. Don't get me wrong, I was not a happy camper leaving the Dome yesterday. However, knowing that we are destined for the ACC while Rutgers and Uconn is trapped in a new Big East with potentially SMU, Air force, and Navy makes me smile.

When your only comeback to a situation is "I make more money then you"!! It is clear you have lost your argument.

Who knows where we will be in 27 months but when you lose there is nothing else to talk about...

When your only comeback to a situation is "I make more money then you"!! It is clear you have lost your argument.

Who knows where we will be in 27 months but when you lose there is nothing else to talk about...

I don't really need to argue Syracuse vs Rutgers football. We all know how that series has turned out. You won an ugly one yesterday, congrats on the parting gift. Losses happen, and one happened yesterday. Teams lose to inferior teams (your team lost to an inferior Syracuse team in '09)

Despite yesterday's loss, I'd certainly rather be in my position than yours. You wouldn't understand the feeling because your football relevance is teetering and in the hands of outside forces at the moment. It somehow takes the sting off knowing that my school will finally be aligned with better schools and in a real conference (not some hodgepodge, mess of a conference led by bball schools). If/when you get the invite to a big boy conference, trust me, you'll get my post. Unfortunately for you, you just have a regular season victory (your 11th out of 42 tries if you need a recap of the series) to hang your hat on.

w

What in heavens did Rutgers fans have to talk about all these years then? You couldn't even brag about making more money either. I can only imagine your excitement about this 2 ot game then. Funny how you so easily admit it.

Seriously Rutgers fan? Leave already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom