Counterpoint on Va Tech | Syracusefan.com

Counterpoint on Va Tech

VaSaltine

Starter
I've posted that Va Tech will never leave it's sibling, U of Va, for the SEC. I lived through the horror (my horror being no Orange inclusion in ACC, very selfish geographic reasons...I know) of state politicians making the pitch that if Tech isn't included in the ACC expansion then UVA is bye bye. Way too many backroom handshakes were involved in order to make that happen and then watch it disappear eight years later. However...I'm still not convinced that Tech leaves but this is an interesting read from the local media in Roanoke, VA.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/if-sec-calls-virginia-tech-would-listen

I've posted that Va Tech will never leave it's sibling, U of Va, for the SEC. I lived through the horror (my horror being no Orange inclusion in ACC, very selfish geographic reasons...I know) of state politicians making the pitch that if Tech isn't included in the ACC expansion then UVA is bye bye. Way too many backroom handshakes were involved in order to make that happen and then watch it disappear eight years later. However...I'm still not convinced that Tech leaves but this is an interesting read from the local media in Roanoke, VA.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/if-sec-calls-virginia-tech-would-listen

My source says VT is not going to the SEC as they are much better suited to the ACC.

Interesting to see that they posted a poll to vote for one of the three options -

Which conference is the best fit for Virginia Tech?

1-ACC -4 football titles in 7 years speaks for itself. (40% or 488 votes)
2- SEC - to be the best you have to beat the best (49% or 598 votes)
3- Big East - We never should've left (10% or 127 votes)

In a nutshell, the fans have little regret about leaving the BE and prefer to go to the SEC.

Interesting to see that they posted a poll to vote for one of the three options -

Which conference is the best fit for Virginia Tech?

1-ACC -4 football titles in 7 years speaks for itself. (40% or 488 votes)
2- SEC - to be the best you have to beat the best (49% or 598 votes)
3- Big East - We never should've left (10% or 127 votes)

In a nutshell, the fans have little regret about leaving the BE and prefer to go to the SEC.
I don't buy your conclusion.

Since the third item in the poll is clearly not happening, those votes should be re-cast to one of the other alternatives. I'm willing to bet that nearly all of those votes would end up in the first bucket. You're left with a 50%/50% split of VPI fans. We'll see if the VPI powers-that-be actually get the call... then they can choose which half they can tell to "get a life". :)