Couple of things... | Syracusefan.com

Couple of things...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
1) If we are going to stall and play pick and roll, I want Triche to be the guy with the ball and Rak setting the pick. We did it 3 straight possessions with MCW and Coleman and didn't get 1 decent look.

2) Both MCW and Triche are too shaky at the line late. Especially MCW. He hits the front end of that one and one and we win.

3) Not sure why JB went small. Cooney gives us basically nothing at this point. Nothing. At least we wouldn't get murdered on the boards with Coleman in there. Let's say this was last year and he went small by going with Scoop, Triche and Waiters. Fine. But Cooney brings nothing right now. And yes, I know, JB has won a zillion games etc... but that decision was perplexing. Remember, they tied it in regulation of an offensive rebound

1) If we are going to stall and play pick and roll, I want Triche to be the guy with the ball and Rak setting the pick. We did it 3 straight possessions with MCW and Coleman and didn't get 1 decent look.

2) Both MCW and Triche are too shaky at the line late. Especially MCW. He hits the front end of that one and one and we win.

3) Not sure why JB went small. Cooney gives us basically nothing at this point. Nothing. At least we wouldn't get murdered on the boards with Coleman in there. Let's say this was last year and he went small by going with Scoop, Triche and Waiters. Fine. But Cooney brings nothing right now. And yes, I know, JB has won a zillion games etc... but that decision was perplexing. Remember, they tied it in regulation of an offensive rebound

1. i may be wrong, but i am almost positive rak was setting the high ball screen. dc was just always in the lane. (just going off of memory here)

2. yep

3. coleman and cooney are both bad options right now. at least with cooney we had a ball handler and a shooter. but its lose-lose right now.

I've already deleted the game, but pretty sure Coleman set the screen all 3 possessions

1. i may be wrong, but i am almost positive rak was setting the high ball screen. dc was just always in the lane. (just going off of memory here)

2. yep

3. coleman and cooney are both bad options right now. at least with cooney we had a ball handler and a shooter. but its lose-lose right now.

It was DC.