Couple solicited $3K in donations, Syracuse visit by faking son's cancer story | Syracusefan.com

Couple solicited $3K in donations, Syracuse visit by faking son's cancer story

giphy.gif

I wonder if the parents lied to the kid as well, or if he was coerced into supporting the scheme?

Sadly, not only does this ruin their reputation and family. But even worse, it ruins the legitimacy of future cases like this that are true. Will the school now want some type of proof before supporting these type of cases in the future? For $3k and access they are now facing prison sentences as well as that child now not knowing where he is going to live. Finally the child having to grow up with the stigma of what his parents did and how could he trust them? Very sad for the child and innocent people involved and future innocent people who have true cases like this one.

Sadly, not only does this ruin their reputation and family. But even worse, it ruins the legitimacy of future cases like this that are true. Will the school now want some type of proof before supporting these type of cases in the future? For $3k and access they are now facing prison sentences as well as that child now not knowing where he is going to live. Finally the child having to grow up with the stigma of what his parents did and how could he trust them? Very sad for the child and innocent people involved and future innocent people who have true cases like this one.
Good points all around. My guess is going forward, they handle these requests like Make A Wish does and get some medical documentation. It is another step, but legitimately sick individuals will have no problem getting something from their doctor.

I have enough trouble sleeping while leading an honest life (more or less). I don’t get how these people sleep at all.

Yeah. Wow. That’s gonna be a tough one to answer for at the pearly gates.

Disgusting.

Reminds me of the SVU episode where this grandmother had poisoned her granddaughter so she could have cancer like symptoms to meet the Michael Jackson like character in order to extort him by claiming he abused the child. Because of the scam and lying about the crime, all of the s e xual assault claims were now in jeopardy.