Couple thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

Couple thoughts...

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
1. I don't know if anyone noticed, and judging by the board topics you haven't, but the ACC went 4-2. 5-2 if you include SU. Pitt still to go if you want to include them. That includes a BCS win, a win over LSU, a win over USC, a win over the Big 12. Not bad.

2. Reading the board over the last couple days is making me hate college football, especially as I read all this facilities at SU talk/speculation. It's making me hope most of you are nuts. And it's making me hope Marrone is passed over for any NFL jobs to force the issue of what's next for him. Which is hopefully a long, happy time as a successful SU head coach.

1. I don't know if anyone noticed, and judging by the board topics you haven't, but the ACC went 4-2. 5-2 if you include SU. Pitt still to go if you want to include them. That includes a BCS win, a win over LSU, a win over USC, a win over the Big 12. Not bad.

2. Reading the board over the last couple days is making me hate college football, especially as I read all this facilities at SU talk/speculation. It's making me hope most of you are nuts. And it's making me hope Marrone is passed over for any NFL jobs to force the issue of what's next for him. Which is hopefully a long, happy time as a successful SU head coach.
BCS win not so impressive, the upset of LSU is the take-notice game. And a mediocre, unwatchable VT beats a last-gasp unwatchable Rutgers team.

If Marrone stays, I hope he didn't harm his chances for success by disrupting this recruiting class.

Outside of the games themselves, just about everything that has happened over the past 10+ years is reason to hate college football.

BCS win not so impressive, the upset of LSU is the take-notice game. And a mediocre, unwatchable VT beats a last-gasp unwatchable Rutgers team.

If Marrone stays, I hope he didn't harm his chances for success by disrupting this recruiting class.

BCS was a no-win situation. So if nothing else, when people bring up the ACC record in BCS games, they have to increase the left side # by 1.

Clemson was the big winner in the bowls. Would you rather play LSU 120 miles from campus, or play Northern Illinois 650 miles from campus. The win for them was just gravy.

2. Reading the board over the last couple days is making me hate college football, especially as I read all this facilities at SU talk/speculation. It's making me hope most of you are nuts.

We are

And it's making me hope Marrone is passed over for any NFL jobs

He will be

Which is hopefully a long, happy time as a successful SU head coach.

I'll drink to that!

Outside of the games themselves, just about everything that has happened over the past 10+ years is reason to hate college football.

I can't believe I'm getting so old but sports in general is getting absurd. I never listen to sports talk radio but I don't mind rusillo and van pelt. I flipped to their show today and heard the utterly detestable Mike Greenberg reading a commercial for great moments in super bowl history, brought to us by the generous folks at Mercedes. It was disguised as a review of the Bears '86 championship but was basically just a way to say Mercedes-Benz like 417 times. They honestly would have been better off just saying Mercedes-Benz over and over again. But I don't know how Greenberg sleeps at night with all the commercials that must be in his head. Anyway, I immediately turned back to Stern and listened to commercials.

The point is I literally lose patience with how overblown and absurd sports have become. Yes, I'm 107 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom