Cover your eyes.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cover your eyes..

My sources tell me Noel has not decided yet.

Know who my source is? Nerlens Noel!!

Know what else my source is telling me? He will decide by April 11th when he will announce where he goes.

He told me one more thing, anything else I hear is a rumor, unless it comes from him.

From evan daniels

I've had no less than 3 industry sources tell me in the past few days they think Nerlens Noel will end up at Georgetown. Tight race ahead.

These guys are now just mentioning stuff they here to attract an audience. Until they push their chips to the middle and concretely make a prediction, it's just to draw an audience.

funny how your twitter page links back to dion waiters

shhh. i had to copy and paste a tweet on here.

These guys are now just mentioning stuff they here to attract an audience. Until they push their chips to the middle and concretely make a prediction, it's just to draw an audience.

But if they are wrong people will not think they are credible in the future

Has Evan Daniels ever heard Noel as a Syracuse lean? He listens to the sources he wants to listen to. All these recruiting experts do. They judge recruits but should really stay out of trying to figure where they are going. It's just gossip.

Maybe all they are doing is listening to and reading other recruiting "gurus" and all the speculation is just coming from each other.

I dont understand why the lure of a national championship would stop him from going to GTown, or even Cuse or push him to Kuntucky. The NBA doesnt draft off of national championship games or deep runs in the tourney, they barely care where you went to college (though the zone ruins your chances, yeah right). If he N2 chooses GTown, Cuse or Fairfield it wont inhibit him from being a lottery pick or awesome pro (in my opinion). Let him go where he feels the best. What was that kid's name who went to Colgate instead of Cuse and played in the NBA for 15 years...would his career have been better if he went to a better brand school? If memory serves he was a first round lottery pick. I know stuff has changed, but talent is talent and the scouts will go to see NN play, not the style of offense, defense or system he plays in. My two cents.

I dont understand why the lure of a national championship would stop him from going to GTown, or even Cuse or push him to Kuntucky. The NBA doesnt draft off of national championship games or deep runs in the tourney, they barely care where you went to college (though the zone ruins your chances, yeah right). If he N2 chooses GTown, Cuse or Fairfield it wont inhibit him from being a lottery pick or awesome pro (in my opinion). Let him go where he feels the best. What was that kid's name who went to Colgate instead of Cuse and played in the NBA for 15 years...would his career have been better if he went to a better brand school? If memory serves he was a first round lottery pick. I know stuff has changed, but talent is talent and the scouts will go to see NN play, not the style of offense, defense or system he plays in. My two cents.
winning a championship has nothing to do with the NBA, and everything to do with, duh, the fact that he wants to win one

But if they are wrong people will not think they are credible in the future

Who will be able to attribute it to them? All people are saying is "insiders" without specifying who the insiders are.

And even if it is wrong, it won't reflect badly on Goodman--he's not making the prediction, he's just passing along what these ostensible "insiders" have told him.

Duh he wants to win won? He wants a runway to millions. I am saying it matters not where he goes to get that, just where he feels more comfortable. NC is a great story sure but he is going pro and wants to do whats best for himself to get there. Winning a NC is nice to say, and in their hearts of couse they want to win, but a NC is not the motivating factor in decision making anymore.

Industry sources tell me that on Tuesday they are having a 20% off sale on skinny jeans.

Duh he wants to win won? He wants a runway to millions. I am saying it matters not where he goes to get that, just where he feels more comfortable. NC is a great story sure but he is going pro and wants to do whats best for himself to get there. Winning a NC is nice to say, and in their hearts of couse they want to win, but a NC is not the motivating factor in decision making anymore.
except that he said it was

ohhhh, so he said it was. Flynn come back after saying he would? Did I stay with my new year's resolution because I said I would? Ok. Wherever he goes in his mind he is likely bringing the opportunity for a national championship. Odds are better at SU then GTown, but there are still odds that improve wherever he goes. And I'm sure wherever he goes next year he is still "undecided" about whether he will go pro or not. It's filler. What else is he going to say? It means nothing until the day he announces and there is so much more behind the scenese whether above the line or not that it doesnt matter. If I were him, and I am not, promise, I would go where I feel the most comfortable, can challenge Wilt for another record he holds off the court, perhaps benefit my family by being close and getting whatever support I am ethically comfortable with (from nothing to a new house for all I care). I am hoping to win an NC regardless and there are not a lot of Carmelo's and D. Coleman's out there who actually care for their alma mater, especially one and doner's. Again, my two cents.

I, for one, believe it is better for SU if he picks G'town over UK if he doesn't pick SU. Why? Because he will make G'town a good team, but not a great team. If he goes to UK, they will once again lay waste to everyone in the NCAAT. Our goal next year should be FF and NCAA championship, and as far as that goes, UK is a much bigger threat than G'town.

Totally agree. Gtown will have him for 1 year and they will not be able to win a title with him in that 1 year. UK on the other hand with what they have comming in...

Either way, he loses if he doesn't pick Syracuse. He can't win a title at Kentucky, because they won't have the pro level talent they had this season, & the law of averages says they can't repeat. Kentucky won in a perfect storm, where they had all their players for the Tourney, & other top teams did not.

Georgetown is simply not talented enough to be an odds on contender for the championship...

That leaves Syracuse, a team who is poised to make good things happen, with or without Noel...

ohhhh, so he said it was. Flynn come back after saying he would? Did I stay with my new year's resolution because I said I would? Ok. Wherever he goes in his mind he is likely bringing the opportunity for a national championship. Odds are better at SU then GTown, but there are still odds that improve wherever he goes. And I'm sure wherever he goes next year he is still "undecided" about whether he will go pro or not. It's filler. What else is he going to say? It means nothing until the day he announces and there is so much more behind the scenese whether above the line or not that it doesnt matter. If I were him, and I am not, promise, I would go where I feel the most comfortable, can challenge Wilt for another record he holds off the court, perhaps benefit my family by being close and getting whatever support I am ethically comfortable with (from nothing to a new house for all I care). I am hoping to win an NC regardless and there are not a lot of Carmelo's and D. Coleman's out there who actually care for their alma mater, especially one and doner's. Again, my two cents.
his words not mine, not sure what you are blabbering about

"I will say that one of the biggest factors in my decision will be who will be there on the team when I get there because my No. 1 goal is to win a national title."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom