Cowherd: 2 types of people that are still defending JoePa | Syracusefan.com

Cowherd: 2 types of people that are still defending JoePa

This is one of maybe three times in recorded history where I am 100% on Cowherd's side.

Some of his takes this morning were classic. When addressing the situation of the rioting students last evening he called them out for being completely out of touch with what is happening. He replayed the BOT presser and highlighted the words 'for the better of the university AS A WHOLE', looking at things 'long term'. He followed it up by saying to all the knuckleheads 'You are all missing the point here. This is NOT about "Old Football Dude". This is about the future of that University and the victims.'

If any diatribe had the words 'Get a Clue' stamped on it, it was that one.

This is one of maybe three times in recorded history where I am 100% on Cowherd's side.

This should speak volumes about how out of touch with reality the PSU students are... we all actually agree with Cowherd.

"You either haven't read the 23 page grand jury report or you are delusional"

Exactly.

I'll put 90% of the PSU Scout board under delusional. I've been lurking over there all week and they're re-donk-u-lous. Calling for boycotts of ESPN. Saying the media is out to destroy them and make a buck doing so. Paterno loyalists to the end.

I was indifferent towards the PSU fanbase. Not anymore.

This is probably the ONLY time in recorded history where I am 100% on Cowherd's side.

"You either haven't read the 23 page grand jury report or you are delusional"

Exactly.

There's also the "let it all play out" guy.

What exactly does that mean?? The grand jury testimony's ink is dried. That's all I need to see "played out". What else could come out that would make me say, "OH, so THAT happened...now JoePa is definitely off the hook. I get what he did."

I love the people who say, "well let's wait till JoePa speaks and hear what he says the GA told him". LOL - wait until the guy makes up to defend himself. Unreal. I think this was the position that PTI took.

I would add a 3rd. People who are just plain STUPID!!!!! Really stupid! Stone Cold Dumb to the highest level.

And there's a lot of them out there.

And there's a lot of them out there.
talking with people this week I'm shocked how many people DON'T get it. People still making excuses for Paterno and defending him on some level. These people are idiots on the highest level. They should be ashamed and embarrassed to be saying this stuff in public, but they are too stupid to even understand that

Cowherd has been spot on over the whole deal. However, I haven't been very impressed with Van Pelt. Of course, he is blaming it on Sandusky and seems to be giving Paterno a break. But, he doesn't see the big picture that it is about the victims, not football.

I love the people who say, "well let's wait till JoePa speaks and hear what he says the GA told him". LOL - wait until the guy makes up to defend himself. Unreal. I think this was the position that PTI took.
Joe has to be very careful that his public statements are totally in sync with his grand jury testimony. For this reason, his legal team may end up keeping him from having a press conference to give his side of the story.

I would add a 3rd. People who are just plain STUPID!!!!! Really stupid! Stone Cold Dumb to the highest level.

I will add a 4th group -- Other Pedophiles.

What exactly does that mean?? The grand jury testimony's ink is dried. That's all I need to see "played out". What else could come out that would make me say, "OH, so THAT happened...now JoePa is definitely off the hook. I get what he did."

This is the one that pisses me off the most.
So, Paterno wakes up to a visit from McGreary & his dad, both upset because of the info they had. They pass this on to Paterno, at the very least using words like; "shower, naked, fondling, 10 yr-old child, alone, sexual noises, etc."- yet somehow, Old JoePa "didn't get the full graphic details" of the assault?
What'd he need, a videotape of the incident before he put 2+2 together?
And yeah, the description was so diluted that he still wanted to arrange a meeting with the AD & PSU President, but...he didn't have the whole story? Really?
This was a cover-up that started in 1998 at the earliest, because thats when Sandusky was mysteriously canned from his AC position.
They all knew what they had on their hands, but the Program was more important. Period.

Joe has to be very careful that his public statements are totally in sync with his grand jury testimony. For this reason, his legal team may end up keeping him from having a press conference to give his side of the story.

He may think too much of himself to prevent himself from saying something stupid - like outside of his house.

This is the one that pisses me off the most.
So, Paterno wakes up to a visit from McGreary & his dad, both upset because of the info they had. They pass this on to Paterno, at the very least using words like; "shower, naked, fondling, 10 yr-old child, alone, sexual noises, etc."- yet somehow, Old JoePa "didn't get the full graphic details" of the assault?
What'd he need, a videotape of the incident before he put 2+2 together?
And yeah, the description was so diluted that he still wanted to arrange a meeting with the AD & PSU President, but...he didn't have the whole story? Really?
This was a cover-up that started in 1998 at the earliest, because thats when Sandusky was mysteriously canned from his AC position.
They all knew what they had on their hands, but the Program was more important. Period.

Completely agree, djcon. I was listening to Mike and Mike yesterday on the way in, and they were discussing how McCreary's graphic testimony about what he witnessed differed significantly from JoePa's take on the event, which is that McCreary "only" described "horseplay" and "sexual" touching, not outright rape.

The smaller one [Not Golic, the other guy--don't know his last name] was yammering on and on about how he could excuse Paterno if McCreary told him what Paterno claims versus the graphic detail he provided to the grand jury, and how that changes everything in terms of how he'd view Paterno's role in this.

Golic's response [paraphrasing] was: "Are you kidding me? Shouldn't the 'sexual touching' part have been enough to get JoePa's attention? It had to be outright man raping boy before Paterno would deem it serious enough to take action? Sexual touching of a boy isn't serious enough in and of itself to ban the guy from campus or take away his unrestricted access to football facilities?"

Truly unbelievable that people are still taking that stance. As more and more information comes out, I think that there will be few inclined to defend Paterno moving forward.

What if McCreary already knew about sandusky before the shower thing? Maybe that's why he didn't step in and obviously the rest of the staff knew as well and watered down the information as it went down the chain of command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom