Craig Forth to be an SU commencement speaker... | Syracusefan.com

Craig Forth to be an SU commencement speaker...

cto

Administrator
Craig Forth will be the speaker at the SU School of Education Convocation, which is part of SU's commencement weekend. He is a great role model for the graduates, and I'm glad to see him getting involved with SU. It's also impressive that he's assistant principal of a high school at age 30. Here's the announcement from SU:

School of Education—Craig Forth ’05, center on the 2003 men’s basketball NCAA National Championship Team, will speak to the graduates. He is a graduate of the School of Education and currently assistant principal of Mechanicville Junior-Senior High School in Saratoga County.

Last edited:
Really happy to see Craig doing this. Never will forget his comment in the post title celebration at the dome when he mentioned how he picked a good day to have a good game. Without his presence in the middle or his knowledge of the game and how well he was as a screener we don't win it all.

Craig Forth will be the speaker at the SU School of Education Convocation, which will be held the day before commencement next weekend. He is a great role model for the graduates, and I'm glad to see him getting involved with SU. It's also impressive that he's assistant principal of a high school at age 30. Here's the announcement from SU:

School of Education—Craig Forth ’05, center on the 2003 men’s basketball NCAA National Championship Team, will speak to the graduates. He is a graduate of the School of Education and currently assistant principal of Mechanicville Junior-Senior High School in Saratoga County.
That has to be some kind of intimidating assistant principal to those kids. :)

Really happy to see Craig doing this. Never will forget his comment in the post title celebration at the dome when he mentioned how he picked a good day to have a good game. Without his presence in the middle or his knowledge of the game and how well he was as a screener we don't win it all.
Craig was never given the credit he deserved.

That is awesome, I am looking for a teaching job, maybe I should send him my resume lol.

And let's not forget, he was a two-time Academic All-American, and the 2005 Big East Scholar Athlete of the Year.
Also the only starting Center in SU history to win a National Championship.

My cousin is a teacher at his school as well. He's 6'10". We always joke about how well behaved all the kids must be at that school, or how many nightmares they have.

The Principal there is about 6'3" and a solid 230. Dont think they will ever have a kid there that can intimidate them. Though these days, its the scrawny little ones you have to be wary of.

In this era of having to think about APR every year, I've come to appreciate guys like Craig even more.

Reactions: cto
He was the QB at the back of the zone getting everybody positioned properly.

When Craig was on his visit I had a chance to pump up the program to him. Good kid who I got to talk with a lot during his four years.

One season he was suffering from Achillies tendonitis. It started at the Empire States Games July-August and never got relieved until February of the next year.

My DIL is a PT and has been trained in a tequnique that cures that malady in 3 weeks.

I told him about it but he said he was going to let the SU training staff take care of it.

I always hated the negative posts surrounding a kid anyone here would be proud to call son.

After basketball CF was only interested in his education career. I have a friend who worked with him and said he's great with kids.

He also has a brother with challenges that he is a hero to.

Love me some Craig Forth.

I'd really like to know the 3 week technique for the achilles!

He was the QB at the back of the zone getting everybody positioned properly.

When Craig was on his visit I had a chance to pump up the program to him. Good kid who I got to talk with a lot during his four years.

One season he was suffering from Achillies tendonitis. It started at the Empire States Games July-August and never got relieved until February of the next year.

My DIL is a PT and has been trained in a tequnique that cures that malady in 3 weeks.

I told him about it but he said he was going to let the SU training staff take care of it.

I always hated the negative posts surrounding a kid anyone here would be proud to call son.

After basketball CF was only interested in his education career. I have a friend who worked with him and said he's great with kids.

He also has a brother with challenges that he is a hero to.

Love me some Craig Forth.

ASTM

The way it's done is the PT rubs cocoa butter on the injured area (over the scar tissue) then uses a sharp plastic tool to scrap away the tissue. You go to PT 2-3 x a week for three weeks.

During the period of time Craig was suffering my DIL was working with a 6-10 300 lb guy.

He had suffered a year before finding out about ASTM. He was better in 3 weeks.

I can tell you from own experience that ASTM works.

I suffered from years of low back problems. I played a lot of tennis and golf. My back would go out 2-3 times a year and I'd be on the shelf for a long time.

My son urged me to see his wife as she was considered one of the best back PT's in Syracuse.

Upon exam she found a lot of bumps, which turns out to be scar tissue, on the low back. Twisting and sudden movements would cause tendons to inflame and some times create spasms. Three weeks of ASTM cured it. My back hasn't gone out in 12 years.

She also showed me stretching and strengthening which I do before golf. You can ask Tomcat most of my first drives are right down the middle.

ASTM

The way it's done is the PT rubs cocoa butter on the injured area (over the scar tissue) then uses a sharp plastic tool to scrap away the tissue. You go to PT 2-3 x a week for three weeks.

During the period of time Craig was suffering my DIL was working with a 6-10 300 lb guy.

He had suffered a year before finding out about ASTM. He was better in 3 weeks.

I can tell you from own experience that ASTM works.

I suffered from years of low back problems. I played a lot of tennis and golf. My back would go out 2-3 times a year and I'd be on the shelf for a long time.

My son urged me to see his wife as she was considered one of the best back PT's in Syracuse.

Upon exam she found a lot of bumps, which turns out to be scar tissue, on the low back. Twisting and sudden movements would cause tendons to inflame and some times create spasms. Three weeks of ASTM cured it. My back hasn't gone out in 12 years.

She also showed me stretching and strengthening which I do before golf. You can ask Tomcat most of my first drives are right down the middle.
Thanks. Went to their website but the closest provider is in Cooperstown which is a bit far for 10 or so treatments.

Thanks. Went to their website but the closest provider is in Cooperstown which is a bit far for 10 or so treatments.
Tell me where you are and I'll see if there is anything closer for you

What is the URL for their web site? All I found for testing materials.

More about ASTM
http://www.spectrumrehab.net/astym-augmented-soft-tissue-mobilization/

ASTM is great for hamstring pulls. I coached softball & basketball and guys would tend to pull the same hamstrings over & over again. Scar tissue causes the hamstring to remain tight and no amount of stretching will fully protect from re-injury.

Once treated with ASTM those re-injuries are avoided.

He was certainly limited on the offensive end but he was severely under-appreciated on D. The master of help defense and standing straight with arms up and feet on the ground. Guards would just run into his huge frame.