crap! per Axe high 30s expected by | Syracusefan.com

crap! per Axe high 30s expected by

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
said he got the number from SU......my bad didn't see earlier post . You can get tickets for 15 dollars at fair

I remember someone who seemed to be in the know, posting a few weeks ago that sales were in the low to mid 30's at that time. Since then, everyone has been guessing. I think in the end, we will get to 40.

With some walk ups I think we get to 40... Thursday night game should work for most local fans and students! IMHO

With some walk ups I think we get to 40... Thursday night game should work for most local fans and students! IMHO

It's cool, but Saturdays are way easier for students...if they want to be at a football game they'll be there. I have to miss class Thursday night to catch the first quarter :noidea:

I guess I forgot about night classes, I had those in grad school but not in undergrad. IMHO It seems to me that a evening game is a lot easier to get ready for than a Saturday nooner. That could just be me. Sorry you have to miss class... Hope you enjoy the game!;)

Not surprising in the least -- and as I said in the other attendance thread, I think we will get towards 40k but fall short(38+).

We may fall short but the crowd there will be loud and into it and I get to watch cuse football again. Not sure why we bellyache so much about attendance early in the season. cNY has always had a "prove it to me" football crowd. Football crowds will grow as Ws become more plentiful.

Not surprising in the least -- and as I said in the other attendance thread, I think we will get towards 40k but fall short(38+).

We may fall short but the crowd there will be loud and into it and I get to watch cuse football again. Not sure why we bellyache so much about attendance early in the season. cNY has always had a "prove it to me" football crowd. Football crowds will grow as Ws become more plentiful.
Maybe I am missing it, but is there no DTV coverage for the game? One nice thing about DTV for the sportspack was the Cuse football games on SNY but I am not seeing it.

I guess I forgot about night classes, I had those in grad school but not in undergrad. IMHO It seems to me that a evening game is a lot easier to get ready for than a Saturday nooner.

I agree, but anyone who is missing a nooner, unless they just sleep through their alarm (I did it in 08 for the Pitt game and sprinted from Shaw, got there at kickoff) or w/e is looking for an excuse not to go.

Without fans (similar to those in the South and at large State schools) who will plan their entire fall around those seven home games a year, there will always be a different group of fans that won't come out, regardless of when the games are scheduled.

That is, unless we start putting together 10 win seasons. The casual fan won't come back until we have become a consistent winner.

You can get tickets for 15 dollars at fair

That's fantastic news for those of us out-of-towners who paid $49 a ticket after all the ridiculous TicketMaster fees.

We need to get to 42K.

Not happening.

Thursday night game is more likely to keep the fans outside an hour radius away. Add in the State Fair and the fact that we never draw well to open the season. Not sure why high 30s will shock people. 40k would be a GREAT number.

Whatever the number is, i think we will see a bigger student body presence and it will still be a good atmosphere.

It's cool, but Saturdays are way easier for students...if they want to be at a football game they'll be there. I have to miss class Thursday night to catch the first quarter :noidea:
my daughters class ends at 7 45 she is hoping the profeesor might end class a bit early

my daughters class ends at 7 45 she is hoping the profeesor might end class a bit early

If it was 7:45 I'd go and book it to the Dome after, but mine doesn't end till 8:20...plus I should really be at that pep rally.

Luckily my only other class is at 9:30 so I have plenty of time to "prepare" for the game

Maybe I am missing it, but is there no DTV coverage for the game? One nice thing about DTV for the sportspack was the Cuse football games on SNY but I am not seeing it.
No. It is only on ESPN3 I think.

I can't fathom there are 3-5,000 who made the Minnesota game two years ago... but can't/won't make this.

Wasn't Minny a Saturday night?
If you are talking about the Paulus game from a couple years ago, it wasn't. I was watching the game at thet state fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom