Crazy Stat | Syracusefan.com

Crazy Stat

moqui

generational talent
Dwight Howard has missed more free throws this year (366) than teammate Steve Nash has missed in his entire 17 year career (322)

Howard: 355 for 721 this season, 49.2 percent
Nash: 3,038 for 3,360 from 1996-97 through 2012-13, 90.4 percent.

via Norm Chad, who also says things about Melo and the Knicks that won't be popular around here

"Dwight Howard has missed as many free throws as I have failed marriages" - Norm Chad

Dwight Howard has missed more free throws this year (366) than teammate Steve Nash has missed in his entire 17 year career (322)

Howard: 355 for 721 this season, 49.2 percent
Nash: 3,038 for 3,360 from 1996-97 through 2012-13, 90.4 percent.

via Norm Chad, who also says things about Melo and the Knicks that won't be popular around here
I am not surprised. He was such a liability at the line in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. If the game were close near the end, one just knew the coaches would put in Chris Bosch (a decent free throw shooter) because Howard was worse than Shaq at the line. Howard's free throw shooting became a running joke among those in Beijing.

I am not surprised. He was such a liability at the line in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. If the game were close near the end, one just knew the coaches would put in Chris Bosch (a decent free throw shooter) because Howard was worse than Shaq at the line. Howard's free throw shooting became a running joke among those in Beijing.
OK, so this is a pretty outlandish rumor, but I used to know one of the main guys at Panda Express and your post reminded me of it. I guess for a while they were interested in seeing if Howard would be a celebrity spokesman, and Howard really likes their food (I guess Panda Express is really popular in Orlando?) so they started discussing possibilities between the Panda Express people and Howard. This would have been around the time that Panda Express was initially rolling out their Beijing Beef entree, and the thought was that they'd try to do an unofficial Olympic tie in using Howard - you know, they wouldn't say Olympics in the commercials or anything, but they'd highlight the Beijing Beef and have Howard in a flag themed uniform and stuff. Unfortunately, they all met to finalize things, had some of the Bejing Beef catered for everyone, and a bunch of people in that meeting got food poisoning including Howard and some of his reps. I guess the Panda Express people really fought to keep this quiet and ended up delaying the release of Beijing Beef because of it.

Anyway, that didn't have anything to do with anything.

OK, so this is a pretty outlandish rumor, but I used to know one of the main guys at Panda Express and your post reminded me of it. I guess for a while they were interested in seeing if Howard would be a celebrity spokesman, and Howard really likes their food (I guess Panda Express is really popular in Orlando?) so they started discussing possibilities between the Panda Express people and Howard. This would have been around the time that Panda Express was initially rolling out their Beijing Beef entree, and the thought was that they'd try to do an unofficial Olympic tie in using Howard - you know, they wouldn't say Olympics in the commercials or anything, but they'd highlight the Beijing Beef and have Howard in a flag themed uniform and stuff. Unfortunately, they all met to finalize things, had some of the Bejing Beef catered for everyone, and a bunch of people in that meeting got food poisoning including Howard and some of his reps. I guess the Panda Express people really fought to keep this quiet and ended up delaying the release of Beijing Beef because of it.

So, you're saying that the market release of this product line happening is 50 / 50?

I just went there the other day...feeling a little woozy now.
Just kidding, I went with the shrimp and angus steak, and beef with broccoli. Phew. :)