Crazy Thought for '18 Offense | Syracusefan.com

Crazy Thought for '18 Offense

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
What if Eric Dungey is moved to outside WR and Tommy DeVito is made/earns the #1 QB in 2018? Think Dungey would save his body and with his speed & strength can possibly turn into a very good WR, similar to former Arkansas QB Matt Jones, OSU's Terrelle Pryor/Skins and Braxton Miller/Texans. Maybe ED could last the entire season at WR and that TD could get him the ball on a regular basis. Just an idea and I welcome your thoughts for it may be his ticket to the NFL.

No, Dungey is not durable enough to play anywhere else on a football field except P/K.

What if Eric Dungey is moved to outside WR and Tommy DeVito is made/earns the #1 QB in 2018? Think Dungey would save his body and with his speed & strength can possibly turn into a very good WR, similar to former Arkansas QB Matt Jones, OSU's Terrelle Pryor/Skins and Braxton Miller/Texans. Maybe ED could last the entire season at WR and that TD could get him the ball on a regular basis. Just an idea and I welcome your thoughts for it may be his ticket to the NFL.
Save his body by playing WR? That's like trying to lose weight by going on a just potato chip diet. He's a QB...plain and simple.

Ya know, funny, bc, i have always thought ED could possibly play wr at the next level. He has the height, hands, ans size and is just the athlete to give it a go. An Eric Decker possibly. Stay tuned if people dont believe in his qb skillz.

Ya know, funny, bc, i have always thought ED could possibly play wr at the next level. He has the height, hands, ans size and is just the athlete to give it a go. An Eric Decker possibly. Stay tuned if people dont believe in his qb skillz.

Some people think the NFL is a video game. ED will NEVER play WR in the NFL.

If Devin Hester could barely be a serviceable WR, ED has no chance.

Like the thought and outside the box thinking......If Devito was that good it would def be an idea to toss around....while I think TD will be good in time, ED is our best option behind center for 2018

Dungey's not fast enough to play WR. If he put on 20lbs, maybe he'd make a decent college TE.

We'll need to enjoy Dungey for however much he plays next year. I don't think he plays football after that.

Last edited:

We need help on the defensive line. Dungy is frequently injured but man will he have a great first half of the season.

How do we know he has hands? If you literally mean he has hands, then I suppose you're right. If what you meant was that he has good pass catching hands, how do we know that exactly? Also, there is the issue of being able to run good routes, and get off the defender at the line. It's like all the people who said "just slide Tebo over to TE" in the NFL. You would have to assume that Tebo, who never played TE in his life, just happens to be one of the best 64 tight ends in the world.

If the line play improves, a lot of these concerns about Dungey's durability will go away. He won't need to scramble so much because he'll have protection on passing downs and our running backs will be able to generate yards on running downs. We've been through this before. Andrew Robinson developed PTSD from our poor line play.

I think I could have predicted who would like this post. :)

I agree - you're crazy!

Save his body by playing WR? That's like trying to lose weight by going on a just potato chip diet. He's a QB...plain and simple.
I'm a strong proponent of the chip diet. Body by Frito-Lays.

How do we know he has hands? If you literally mean he has hands, then I suppose you're right. If what you meant was that he has good pass catching hands, how do we know that exactly? Also, there is the issue of being able to run good routes, and get off the defender at the line. It's like all the people who said "just slide Tebo over to TE" in the NFL. You would have to assume that Tebo, who never played TE in his life, just happens to be one of the best 64 tight ends in the world.

We dont know if he has hands. Just a fantasy right now. But if he does combined with his ups, athletic ability, and competitiveness; then, there's a shot.

We dont know if he has hands. Just a fantasy right now. But if he does combined with his ups, athletic ability, and competitiveness; then, there's a shot.
a shot like 1 in a million?

I don't think it's a good idea to take a guy that has the most 1st team snaps of anybody on the team at QB and put him somewhere else on the field.

84161799-4486-4E8D-A2F6-A495E0C49AE2.jpeg

If the ending to this season has told us anything... it's that Eric Dungey will be the starting QB here until he leaves.