Crazy | Syracusefan.com

Crazy

GoSU96

Living Legend
Wonder if Edwards and Goodine earned more minutes

JGIII was awful for the most part. Worst game by far, didn’t shoot well and horrible floor game

Mid season version of survive and advance but to have it come down to that last sequence, just awful

Last edited:
Goodine has earned minutes. It look like jb is playing the long game with jg3
Absolutely. I understand the strategy because we know he’s a winner and will be good, but it’s also a bit against what people claim here how he coaches each game to win, hence not seeing Edwards or goodine more earlier in season.

Absolutely. I understand the strategy because we know he’s a winner and will be good, but it’s also a bit against what people claim here how he coaches each game to win, hence not seeing Edwards or goodine more earlier in season.
He usually plays people only when he’s FORCED to do so by foul trouble, injury, or some in-game occurrence. It’s just not part of his regular makeup as a coach.

So are we forgetting Edwards was horrendous in the Clemson game ? Find these posts a little where’s. He literally had the opportunity to oss to Q to help us win the game against Clemson and he panicked.

Wonder if Edwards and Goodine earned more minutes

JGIII was awful for the most. Worst game by far, didn’t shoot well and horrible floor game

Mid season version of survive and advance but to have it come down to that last sequence, just awful

Wake Forest is terrible.

Made worse, we are at home after a solid break.

We won, which is key, but goodness, this should not be a survive-and-advance game.

So are we forgetting Edwards was horrendous in the Clemson game ? Find these posts a little where’s. He literally had the opportunity to oss to Q to help us win the game against Clemson and he panicked.

Memory isn't always my strong suit, but didn't he somewhat redeem himself after that play?

Wake Forest is terrible.

Made worse, we are at home after a solid break.

We won, which is key, but goodness, this should not be a survive-and-advance game.

That is kind of what it already was before the game even started, the survival was just closer than we had hoped for. This team at times has a tendency to play to the level of their opponents.

Memory isn't always my strong suit, but didn't he somewhat redeem himself after that play?
Apologies if it didn’t come across but I was thinking of multiple posts when I responded. The theme in some posts seemed to be that we had been missing Edwards and Goodine all season where I think today they played better than normal. Doesn’t excuse their uneven play prior to today. Future may be bright but JB is playing the correct players today

So what. He was good tonight. Life is better if you don't choke yourself on the past.
I don’t. I just feel people use a limited performance as an indicator that they should have played more in the past. It was expressed more i other threads but it seemed a bit revisionist on Edwards and Goodine across the board

I don’t doubt that when Edwards came into the game that 75% of the dome let out a huge sigh, me included. Everyone is still butt hurt over how the Clemson game went down with him in there, and rightfully so. With that said, the kid earned my respect today. He gave us a solid 8 minutes in crunch time of an ACC game, and he handled the pressure very well. And I know that there are naysayers that say, it shouldn’t have been that close it’s Wake Forrest. Keep in mind that Duke needed OT, and a last second shot to beat UNC who has been just as bad.

I don’t doubt that when Edwards came into the game that 75% of the dome let out a huge sigh, me included. Everyone is still butt hurt over how the Clemson game went down with him in there, and rightfully so. With that said, the kid earned my respect today. He gave us a solid 8 minutes in crunch time of an ACC game, and he handled the pressure very well. And I know that there are naysayers that say, it shouldn’t have been that close it’s Wake Forrest. Keep in mind that Duke needed OT, and a last second shot to beat UNC who has been just as bad.

The hot fire of ACC play forges our weak metal into steel, whether it is ready or not. Edwards and Goodine were only in there because of desperation. They made plays. SU survived. Edwards/Goodine will be better next time because of the experience. It only helps SU's chances of winning tough games going forward. We got away with one against Wake. All that matters is being on track for #4 seed in the ACC. So far, so good.

JB said that was a good pass and Q should have been looking at the ball and not the hoop,

I don’t. I just feel people use a limited performance as an indicator that they should have played more in the past.

And making one or two poor plays when you play 5 minutes, 1 out of 10 games shouldn't be an indicator that you are god awful and terrible.

And this has nothing to do with Edwards or Goodine or anyone specific, but if small sample sizes where you do well are meaningless, then even smaller sample sizes where you play poorly are equally meaningless.

Last edited:
This team is not designed to rely on Edwards or Goodine. When we see them in the game, it's because we are playing great or we are in serious foul trouble. They are freshmen. They haven’t played a ton of meaningful minutes yet. We will see good things and bad things from them. I think both are talented and have a high basketball IQ. I can’t wait to see them grow in Orange.

And making one or two poor plays when you play 5 minutes, 1 out of 10 games shouldn't be an indicator that you are god awful and terrible.

And this has nothing to do with Edwards or Goodine or anyone specific, but if small sample sizes where you do well are meaningless, than even smaller sample sizes where you play poorly are equally meaningless.
Don’t disagree. I at the time of my response was thinking I was responding to a post in the game thread. I just rewatched the end of the game and both Goodine and Edwards did well. They were both very active in the zone, and offensively they don’t really add much at this point.

I think we have seen glimpses that Edwards has good potential, not sure it gets him in the rotation at this point.

As well as he has played Hughes has not been playing as NBA draftable. Is he gonna be another Battle? Will another year help? He hast to do what’s best for him but best for us you would be staying another year. It’ll be interesting

Don’t disagree. I at the time of my response was thinking I was responding to a post in the game thread. I just rewatched the end of the game and both Goodine and Edwards did well. They were both very active in the zone, and offensively they don’t really add much at this point.

I think we have seen glimpses that Edwards has good potential, not sure it gets him in the rotation at this point.

He’ll be in the rotation whether we or coach or even he wants to or not because there is ZERO indication that sidibe or marek will ever learn to not commit cheap fouls.

Hughes doesn’t get the open floor drive without Girard on the floor.
That was more than evident against VaTech. They didn’t even acknowledge Washington’s presence when Eli had the ball late in the game. Girard needs to be on the court in those situations for spacing purposes offensively it makes us much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom