Credit where credit is due... | Syracusefan.com

Credit where credit is due...

Jake

Mod
Is been the most frustrating season I can remember but...

dammit, Nassib (who I've been extremely critical of) has led us to 3 last possession 4th quarter drives for td's this year. (NW, USF, Missouri). Pretty good. Still makes me nuts when he throws a howitzer from 4 yards away though.

Lemon, despite a few drops, has been great. Just great.

How about the freaking OL tonight. ZERO sacks. HUGE HUGE performance by them.

Nice job by Special teams tonight as well.

The defense, well, again, made me nuts in hte first quarter, but they made just enough plays to get it done. (GREAT tackle by diabate and the last 3rd down play to force the final FG attempt).

Mizzou's DBs sucked ass. I'm not taking away the play by our WR's, but honestly, they sucked. Certainly wasn't a great display by either defense.

Final thought on Mizzou. Congrats on your SEC membership, where you will be perenial doormats. I never understood why that program coveted SEC membership - they are over their skis.

Amen. I, too, have been critical of Ryan and HCDM - rightfully so, IMO. However, they play of this team the last month has shown quite a bit about its make-up, and both Doug & co and Nassib have a lot to do with that.

Very glad to see things coming together. Hope they keep it going next week and beyond.

Is been the most frustrating season I can remember but...

dammit, Nassib (who I've been extremely critical of) has led us to 3 4th last possession 4th quarer drivers for td's this year. (NW, USF, Missouri). Pretty good. Still makes me nuts when he throws a howitzer from 4 yards away though.

Lemon, despite a few drops, has been great. Just great.

How about the freaking OL tonight. ZERO sacks. HUGE HUGE performance by them.

Nice job by Special teams tonight as well.

The defense, well, again, made me nuts in hte first quarter, but they made just enough plays to get it done. (GREAT tackle by diabate and the last 3rd down play to force the final FG attempt).

Mizzou's DBs sucked ass. I'm not taking away the play by our WR's, but honestly, they blew monster dick. Certainly wasn't a great displays by either defense.

Final thought on Mizzou. Congrats on your SEC membership, where you will be perenial doormats. I never understood why that program coveted SEC membership - they are over their skis.

How about that one tool DB of theirs doing pushups when he broke up the pass in the end zone only to have us score the TD the very next play.

How about that one tool DB of theirs doing pushups when he broke up the pass in the end zone only to have us score the TD the very next play.
I think they said he did that because he did not make the interception - it was a punishment not a celebration.

In the same boat. I had been taking a very cautious optimism with Doug and company.

Ryan has stepped it up and really brought us home this bak stretch of the season.

Our special teams have improved and we cut down on turnovers.

Marrone might not be Nick Saban, but he's a good coach that loves SU.

Let's close out this season with one more road win and them a bowl win and keep the momentum going to next year.

Kinda reminds me of 1986 for those of you around back then.

Agree with the major difference being that Donnie Mac was coming back for '87. Even with some other vacancies to fill as well, I do like what we have got coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda reminds me of 1986 for those of you around back then.

If you used a bigger font I could have read what you wrote and maybe agreed with you. ;)

Gains are being made and there is no doubt this program is on its way up. What killed us in 86 (and before) imo is that Donnie was always hurt and when he was healthy we had a very good team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom