Cristobol out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cristobol out

There was a rider about Chris Christie being allowed to devour his first born male son with a box of krispykremes - it was a non-starter... plus they wouldn't let him him have use of the same chopper that Schady had...

all to keep a couple three stars and a four...im loving seeing them squirm...have already been banned from the rutgers football TOS site for last week just leaving this :rolling:

How embarrassing can this be for RRRRRUUUUU and other rutgers fans? To be turned down by the FIU coach? FIU? No doubt their god like AD got played like a drum and this guy can now stay in Florida and probably got a raise at FIU and he will wait on a real job now. He was also probably told that "no, we really aren't going to the b10".

Embarrassing? We missed on our first choice but should have our second choice hired in a few hours. This entire search took four days and the hire will be in time to salvage the recruiting class. What number was Marrone in your coaching search when he was hired? It wasn't number two. I would have liked to land our #1 option but getting our #2(Flood) is not a bad thing. Not to mention he happens to be the choice of the NJ HS coaches in a landslide. We should also retain nearly the entire recruting class and be in for Hamilton.

Pernetti should announce him shortly and he can get to work on this class and finding a solid D Coord...

It's a piss poor hire. I am happy for Flood, but do you really think any other BCS school would laud this hire?

Since when was Flood your #2? This morning? Saturday, all RU fans wanted Addazio, Christobal, Cignetti...Now all of a sudden Flood was #2?

Embarrassing? We missed on our first choice but should have our second choice hired in a few hours. This entire search took four days and the hire will be in time to salvage the recruiting class. What number was Marrone in your coaching search when he was hired? It wasn't number two. I would have liked to land our #1 option but getting our #2(Flood) is not a bad thing. Not to mention he happens to be the choice of the NJ HS coaches in a landslide. We should also retain nearly the entire recruting class and be in for Hamilton.

Pernetti should announce him shortly and he can get to work on this class and finding a solid D Coord...

McNulty? Calling McNulty . . . .

It's a piss poor hire. I am happy for Flood, but do you really think any other BCS school would laud this hire?

How is this a piss poor hire? He clearly was our second choice and we will retain all of our assistants. We will keep our recruiting ties going and should maintain what is a very strong class for this recruting year. The local coaches have been pretty vocal about wanting Flood since the start. Its not a blockbuster hire but I think it was a very good hire for the program. Not sure I can think of any other realistic canidate that I would have wanted over him other then Cristobal...

How is this a piss poor hire? He clearly was our second choice and we will retain all of our assistants. We will keep our recruiting ties going and should maintain what is a very strong class for this recruting year. The local coaches have been pretty vocal about wanting Flood since the start. Its not a blockbuster hire but I think it was a very good hire for the program. Not sure I can think of any other realistic canidate that I would have wanted over him other then Cristobal...

Congrats...you hired your Greg Robinson with somewhat better recruiters.

Since when was Flood your #2? This morning? Saturday, all RU fans wanted Addazio, Christobal, Cignetti...Now all of a sudden Flood was #2?

Not true. I have said that I wanted either Cristobal or Flood since the start. It just so happens that the school wound up with those two as leading canidates from the beginning as well. Flood got the first interview with Pernetti on Sat and apparently hit a home run with it. Addazio was never under serious consideration becuse he did not want to retain our assistants and Cignetti was never even offered an interview. After Flood interviewed on Saturday it was clearly down to Flood or Cristobal.

How long before your competing for a National Championship? I would expect that your fan base realizes that the first year you probably won't win a National Championship, maybe just the Big East so how long before a National Championship run? Especially since GS has promised this for a few years at least.

Congratulations. I think you just avoided disaster.

Worst (or best?) case scenario is you keep most of your talented kids, and move on in a couple years by gambling on a lower-division coach that knows how to score points and outcoach the other sideline.

I don't think out-recruiting Boise, Houston, SMU is going to win in the new BE.

Congrats...you hired your Greg Robinson with somewhat better recruiters.

Sure. I'll go ahead and assume he is the worst coach of all time before he even coaches his first game...

He will be able to run the program and recruit on par with Schiano since everything is in place and may or may not be an upgrade at game day coaching .

Not true. I have said that I wanted either Cristobal or Flood since the start. It just so happens that the school wound up with those two as leading canidates from the beginning as well. Flood got the first interview with Pernetti on Sat and apparently hit a home run with it. Addazio was never under serious consideration becuse he did not want to retain our assistants and Cignetti was never even offered an interview. After Flood interviewed on Saturday it was clearly down to Flood or Cristobal.
Great to get turned down by a coach from FIU. Great to get turned down by a coach from Temple. Great to get stuck with a recently demoted coach who was a complete failure at OC and who has also done a horrific job with the OL.

Yes, I can see how this is something to be delighted about.

Tell you what, I respect your relentless defense of RU no matter what. You are a great fan and frankly, you deserve better than this.

LOL another bad day for Rutgirls - the day you go back to your mediacrity, lower then the mediacrity you have been in all this time - and a great day for SU ORANGE!!!

LMAFO did your coach insist on a Iroc-Z before taking the job? What's his name again? Kyle from South PARK!!!??

I am going to enjoy watching: The meltdown of Buttgers fans around the web; the meltdown of the buttgers program; the meltdown of the Buttgers school itself, sinking into Oblivian for ever...

You're just NJSU - NJ STATE University. Garbage school, garbage people, full of gweedos. I live in NJ and it is a junky state, I am looking forward to moving to North Carolina. No more Rutgirls down there - I will be going to ACC games to see the 'Cuse playing against UNC, Duke, Chapel Hill,e tc.

you should just save yourself greif and give up, RRRRUUUU
:rolling:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/01/30/rutgers-flood.ap/index.html

So will this make it tougher to flip Glanton"

The Panthers flipped Palatka linebacker Leroy Owens from Syracuse and are trying to hold onto oral commit Josh Glanton from Haines City High as Syracuse goes after him

Owens and Glanton, who Tweeted recently that Cristobal was the “coolest coach” in the nation, are just two FIU recruits that other schools will attempt to poach in these last few days.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/30/2615076/rutgers-taking-a-hard-look-at.html#storylink=cpy

I still maintain this was an unnecessarily rushed hire that will affect the program for at least the next several years. It's not worth it just to sway the whims of a couple of 18 year old recruits. Besides, Flood isn't exactly a "big splash" hire. I would have taken my time and done a national search.

Good news for us as crist would have been a good recruiter for them. The thing is you never know. I remember being so pissed when Paul was hired and he worked out pretty well. Guess we will see. One thing is i doubt we land either of the LB's now that he is staying. Still i would rather have owens flip than have to deal with this guys each year. Also and hate to say this but in the event Doug doesnt work out would he ever be in play for us in the future? Ok please dont shoot me just asking a question and yes i hope that doug wins 6 or more games next year and is provided with a lifetime extension:)

Do you really think he's going to retain all of the assistants, especially when he used to be the OC? Don't you think there's a chance he wants to be the one calling the plays again?

Maybe Cristobol decided that the Rutgers job was not worth compromising his ethics - maybe he felt that he owed it to the players he is now asking to commit to FIU, to stay.

Maybe he put honor above money.

Maybe he was offended by Schiano's last minute abandoment of Rutgers........

Nahhhhh.

Do you really think he's going to retain all of the assistants, especially when he used to be the OC? Don't you think there's a chance he wants to be the one calling the plays again?

That's what i was thinking. It will be interesting to see how many on staff are going to be cool with working for a former pier. Did that get thought through in 24hrs?

That's what i was thinking. It will be interesting to see how many on staff are going to be cool with working for a former pier. Did that get thought through in 24hrs?

At best, Flood may have been a good sized dock, but never a pier...

I wonder if Cignetti pulls a Randy Edsall circa 1992? Maybe Cuse can pick him up.

Flood may in time be a very good hire, but it seems like this whole process from RU was so narrow-minded. It seems like they were only looking at retaining this current recruiting haul like it's the be-all end-all. They obviously have a pretty good class lined up on paper, but when it comes down to it were they looking to hire the best coach to lead them forward in the future? These next couple years will be very important for them as they will be trying to get into either the Big 10 or ACC. I know they wanted to rush to hire someone because of the signing day situation to avoid disaster, but one would think it would be more important to make sure they did due diligence when making such a big hire for the program and future.

To me it seemed like Cristobal might have been a solid get for them, but I wonder if one of the breaking points besides money was that Rutgers was basically demanding that he keeps their whole current staff. What kind head coach wants to head to a new place where he can't bring his own coaches and has to teach new coaches his systems, ways of doing things etc. Cristobal would be basically setting himself up for failure. Rutgers definitely has some solid assistants who are stud recruiters but that's part of game when a getting new coach is that there is pretty much complete staff turnover.

Sure. I'll go ahead and assume he is the worst coach of all time before he even coaches his first game...

He will be able to run the program and recruit on par with Schiano since everything is in place and may or may not be an upgrade at game day coaching .

You're a good fan of your school...I'll give you that. However, Flood has a checkered past..no one really knows if he'll be the equal of Shady in anything. I'm betting there will be some staff turnover...gotta be some hurt feelings among the staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom