Crowd Noise | Syracusefan.com

Crowd Noise

BVille44

All Conference
From the Louisville Courier Journal:

The JMA Wireless Dome was, at times, deafening on Saturday night.

Louisville football once tried to huddle and did all it could to overcome the noise level. Between the crowd and the Cardinals’ self-inflicted struggles, U of L opened the season with a 31-7 loss to Syracuse.

"You just gotta adjust," Louisville offensive lineman Caleb Chandler said of the crowd noise. "We actually went to a silent count to fix all that and it was just hard to hear for the clap. At one point we thought T Huddy (Tyler Hudson) jumped offsides, but everybody ran the play but the offensive line and we didn't even hear the call. So, it was very loud, and props to their fans for coming out and showing out tonight."

Purdue and Virginia look like possibilities. If we beat UConn and Purdue, then I would say Virginia would be very likely. ND a definite. FSU would seem highly likely too.
Agree with this. Syracuse is an event town- and casual fans will come for a winner. Get to 3-0, and a Friday night game against a “name” opponent in Virginia and we will push a legit 40k.

And that will make the noise last night look like an afternoon in the library. I shudder to think of 45k…bring earplugs.

I was very impressed with the noise and overall crowd engagement, specially considering how empty the place was. The people that showed up deff braught it

Anyone bring a db meter? They're like $15.

Or just put a camera on a panel db meter, like this. Make some noise records.

There are enough stadiums in this country that have one as part of their video board package. I imagine it would be a pretty simple thing for the school to include one to encourage even more noise on 3rd downs and big plays.

There are enough stadiums in this country that have one as part of their video board package. I imagine it would be a pretty simple thing for the school to include one to encourage even more noise on 3rd downs and big plays.
Exactly. We call ourselves the loud house. PROVE IT. i've proved it, measuring the 6th loudest EVER at a college football game. Officially prove it. Great for recruiting, the fan experience, and a 12th man for our team. They wont just say its LOUD. They'll say its the X loudest ever recorded...

PROVE IT.

Exactly. We call ourselves the loud house. PROVE IT. i've proved it, measuring the 6th loudest EVER at a college football game. Officially prove it. Great for recruiting, the fan experience, and a 12th man for our team. They wont just say its LOUD. They'll say its the X loudest ever recorded...

PROVE IT.
You should send a note to sala

That has to be the case for NCST and ND
If we got 36k last night with all the unknowns, I have to imagine we are 40k+ for Purdue, and if we can keep it rolling it should grow from there.

I measured 118 when our team was introduced for Clemson... (when are team entrances the loudest part of the game?) Had that been a game? I was thinking 130... We're routinely over 110 db.

Its inconceivable that we aren't on this list. We OWN this list.

With the hard, more reflective roof, we should be LOUDER.

Last edited:
The reflective roof enhances the noise. The sound system has regressed. I could not make out one announcement or any of the recorded bits on the screen. Other people in 129 said the same thing.

25A346D3-7471-44D6-A819-677E4556DADB.jpeg

Yesterday at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta while watching the Falcons win with the open roof.

They showed the meter several several times during the game, but not on all Browns’ third downs.

View attachment 220702

Yesterday at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta while watching the Falcons win with the open roof.

They showed the meter several several times during the game, but not on all Browns’ third downs.
We have a state of the art scoreboard but the people attempting to operate it are from 1965. I hope we can step up our game and start using the capabilities of the facility fully soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom