Cto | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cto

Except for the fact that we've all been exposed to the fact that our University doesn't seem to care about football (the one sport that drives everything) and we apparantly have no donors to help counter the fact that our University seems oblivious to the landscape of college athletics.
Congratulations! A perfect example of the kind of lunatic post CTO was talking about!

All I can say is that some people need to really get perspective! People are litterally melting down and freaking out because the head coach of the college footbal team MAY BE (note it is not even IS) leaving. There are worse things going on in the world than HCDM leaving. If he does leave, THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END!! I am a Syracuse Fan, but people, come on...it is sports and games. We have psychos shooting children in school, our government is falling off an economic cliff, our economy is still floundering, we have troops still in Afghanistan, we are continually under threat of terrorist attacks, etc...and people are ready to tar and feather the SU BOT for not doing what they think they should be doing? So people need to step away from the window, get some deep breaths and tell themselves everything will be ok...

Congratulations! A perfect example of the kind of lunatic post CTO was talking about!
How is my post lunacy? I said seems and apparantly, didn't claim anything as fact. How can you tell me otherwise. It's a fact that HCDM is troubled by the lack of funding and facilities and who is responsible for that? If you can tell me how that doesn't fall at the feet of the University and a lack of football donors, I'm all ears. Is this not being discussed in nearly every thread on this board as the main reason we struggling to compete with the big boys and keep our coach?

All I can say is that some people need to really get perspective! People are litterally melting down and freaking out because the head coach of the college footbal team MAY BE (note it is not even IS) leaving. There are worse things going on in the world than HCDM leaving. If he does leave, THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END!! I am a Syracuse Fan, but people, come on...it is sports and games. We have psychos shooting children in school, our government is falling off an economic cliff, our economy is still floundering, we have troops still in Afghanistan, we are continually under threat of terrorist attacks, etc...and people are ready to tar and feather the SU BOT for not doing what they think they should be doing? So people need to step away from the window, get some deep breaths and tell themselves everything will be ok...
Umm because this is a football message board? Go read the off topic forum and you'll see a lot of us care about those issues as well. Maybe we turn to sports to get away from all that for a few minutes so I kind of think your response is ridiculous. This coming from someone who posts on the off topic forum and is involved in numerous charities and advocacy groups.

Well, I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Pinot Noir and marveling at some of the things being posted on this board. But I did enjoy reading SWC's account of Coach K's call to Jim Boeheim's radio show on the basketball forum tonight. I highly recommend it.
Pinot Noir...nah, am more of a Jack and Coke kind of guy...but thinking if you can be calm and cool...the rest of us should relax and let the play run out; afterall, 'Cuse previously has survived for many years with poor football coaches and probably is stronger now than then...and it cannot be much longer for the answer before 'Cuse moves on...

Umm because this is a football message board? Go read the off topic forum and you'll see a lot of us care about those issues as well. Maybe we turn to sports to get away from all that for a few minutes so I kind of think your response is ridiculous. This coming from someone who posts on the off topic forum and is involved in numerous charities and advocacy groups.

I am not supid...I know this is a football message board...apparently you missed my point. People need to relax, see what happens and whatever happens the world is not going to end. Admittedly I am concerned about HCDM leaving, but if he does it is not going to ruin my day. I would feel the same way about basketball and any other SU sports. It just seems to me that some people are going way over the deep end on all the speculation, reactions and comments towards other posters to what may or even may not happen.

Also, to me...sports is meant to be a get away from worrying...however if stressing about what is happening to my favorite teams occurs, it is gets way too serious and really removes the fun and get away that sports are meant to be...hope that made sense...it did in my head anyways...

How is my post lunacy? I said seems and apparantly, didn't claim anything as fact. How can you tell me otherwise. It's a fact that HCDM is troubled by the lack of funding and facilities and who is responsible for that? If you can tell me how that doesn't fall at the feet of the University and a lack of football donors, I'm all ears. Is this not being discussed in nearly every thread on this board as the main reason we struggling to compete with the big boys and keep our coach?

Where is our coach looking at other college jobs? So by you're logic I guess Oregon will be losing Kelly to the NFL because of poor facilities and lack of donors too?

SU football is fine noone needs to go crazy because our program has a couple inherent issues/challenges and we aren't Alabama.

Once SU Football wins 10 games again or gets ranked the dome will be full for all big games. Come on our only real problem is getting another 10k fans in for our 4 biggest home football games each year so its packed on TV. The attendance for our 2 home games against bad teams doesn't matter we just need to sell out our 2-3 biggest games. Win a little more and it'll be fine. All the other crap your spouting is truly nonsense.

Next year we could probably win 8-9 games with Hackett coaching, or even Hacketts dad, or even the old BC coach inbetween Coughlin and OBrien who created the wildcat as Miami OC, or Obrien, or Jagodzinksi...not trying to say I want any of them as our coach but I am just making a point that theres about 6 guys off the top of my head SU would be fine with as coach and those aren't even the real candidates.

I am not supid...I know this is a football message board...apparently you missed my point. People need to relax, see what happens and whatever happens the world is not going to end. Admittedly I am concerned about HCDM leaving, but if he does it is not going to ruin my day. I would feel the same way about basketball and any other SU sports. It just seems to me that some people are going way over the deep end on all the speculation, reactions and comments towards other posters to what may or even may not happen.

Also, to me...sports is meant to be a get away from worrying...however if stressing about what is happening to my favorite teams occurs, it is gets way too serious and really removes the fun and get away that sports are meant to be...hope that made sense...it did in my head anyways...
Haha, agreed, it is quite counterproductive to come here to get away from all the drama of everyday life, only to lose our minds about sports drama. I see what you're saying, but alas we're fans and thats what we do, some of us to more of an extreme that others.

Where is our coach looking at other college jobs? So by you're logic I guess Oregon will be losing Kelly to the NFL because of poor facilities and lack of donors too?

SU football is fine noone needs to go crazy because our program has a couple inherent issues/challenges and we aren't Alabama.

Once SU Football wins 10 games again or gets ranked the dome will be full for all big games. Come on our only real problem is getting another 10k fans in for our 4 biggest home football games each year so its packed on TV. The attendance for our 2 home games against bad teams doesn't matter we just need to sell out our 2-3 biggest games. Win a little more and it'll be fine. All the other crap your spouting is truly nonsense.

Next year we could probably win 8-9 games with Hackett coaching, or even Hacketts dad, or even the old BC coach inbetween Coughlin and OBrien who created the wildcat as Miami OC, or Obrien, or Jagodzinksi...not trying to say I want any of them as our coach but I am just making a point that theres about 6 guys off the top of my head SU would be fine with as coach and those aren't even the real candidates.
I agree, but noone in Oregon is worried about replacing Chip Kelly because they are a solid program with huge donors and crazy facilities. They will be fine. I "think" we will be fine but after the GRob era and almost becoming irrelevant, I think the info thats come out about our lack of $$$ and facilities is unnerving due to the state of flux possibly losing HCDM puts us in, that's all im saying. Thats the real news thats come out of this whole ordeal imo. If we put a winning product on the field, the fans will come back, people will start donating and as a result the facilities will be upgraded and so on, but if we backslide with our current lack of donor money, seeming lack of University support and Head Coach/AD questions, its not a guarantee we come back from this...for Oregon it is. For schools like PSU they just approve whatever the coach wants and then some donor makes it rain. Football and athletics in general are HUGE in regards to the academics of a school in terms of enrollment, prestige, fundraising so even from a purely academic perspective this is a big issue we need to resolve.

good lord people, What is wrong with some of you??

bill orange writes a great post and then people immedietly attack it and post insanity.

cto, writes a great post about her state of mind in all this, and people immedietly attack it and post insanity.

if you are not in bill orange and cto's corner on this, then i suggest you leave the board. because clearly you dont know this but, you are a fluckin idiot and are embarrassing yourself.

if anything, stop posting till a week after the SuperBowl.

Oh Lord

Haha, agreed, it is quite counterproductive to come here to get away from all the drama of everyday life, only to lose our minds about sports drama. I see what you're saying, but alas we're fans and thats what we do, some of us to more of an extreme that others.

I understand...guess what was in my head didn't come across very well in my post(s). I agree that if HCDM leaves that could potentially hurt the program. IF he does leave, what if we get someone better? (not going to get into a list of whom those might be, already at least one thread about this) Also, how many CFB head coaches are lifers? We are spoiled with JB and how long he has been here. In CBB you see a few more coaches who are lifers. However it is extremely rare in today's CFB world, so a college football coach leaving should not be a suprise at all. There are a lot of other questions right now and most, if not all, can not be answered right now and are beyond our (fans) control...so why stress? (if you knew me in real life you would laugh at how ironic that statement is coming from me!)

Well, I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Pinot Noir and marveling at some of the things being posted on this board. But I did enjoy reading SWC's account of Coach K's call to Jim Boeheim's radio show on the basketball forum tonight. I highly recommend it.
Some of the things posted here recently merit a 2nd or 3rd glass, if you know what I mean.

Yes, because obviously being envious of how they kept O'Brien means we support child molestation cover ups...

The point is that the football "culture" at Penn St is not healthy. It has become clear that not only the football power structure, but the general football fan base at Penn St, chose the football program over the welfare of small children.

Lots of people care about football. First of all comparing us to Penn St. or Oregon is not fair as they are big state schools, and that is one of the problems. It is harder to be an independent school in football. I am sure the Chancellor, the AD, the Trustees, the admininstration as a whole, and the athletic staff all care deeply about the state of the football program. They also have lots of other issues on their plates. Not any different than the myriad of issues we have in our own lives, and where we all have to set priorities. Yes football money drives a lot of things at the university, and can be very beneficial to help accomplish lots of things the administration needs to do. Thus the move to the ACC which was VERY proactive. A few months ago many of us were singing the praises for this move, and how everyone got the point of the importance of the football program. The only thing that has changed is the fact that Doug Marrone MIGHT go to an NFL team. Hell, he might even go to another college program. We will have to deal with it and hope we keep moving forward. Maybe he will stay, and then maybe we will go through this again in a year. The only thing I have taken from all of this, is that maybe we need some more money for facilities and salaries for the football program. That money could come from donations, and a good, solid campaign might help in that direction. Maybe some of that money will come from the ACC move, and in 3-4 years we will have enough from that for the facilites. Maybe some more money could come from those fans who are georgraphically in the area to make an effort to get to the dome and personally support the team. Either way, I am sure we will survive this, and maybe learn a little something also.

Lots of people care about football. First of all comparing us to Penn St. or Oregon is not fair as they are big state schools, and that is one of the problems. It is harder to be an independent school in football. I am sure the Chancellor, the AD, the Trustees, the admininstration as a whole, and the athletic staff all care deeply about the state of the football program. They also have lots of other issues on their plates. Not any different than the myriad of issues we have in our own lives, and where we all have to set priorities. Yes football money drives a lot of things at the university, and can be very beneficial to help accomplish lots of things the administration needs to do. Thus the move to the ACC which was VERY proactive. A few months ago many of us were singing the praises for this move, and how everyone got the point of the importance of the football program. The only thing that has changed is the fact that Doug Marrone MIGHT go to an NFL team. Hell, he might even go to another college program. We will have to deal with it and hope we keep moving forward. Maybe he will stay, and then maybe we will go through this again in a year. The only thing I have taken from all of this, is that maybe we need some more money for facilities and salaries for the football program. That money could come from donations, and a good, solid campaign might help in that direction. Maybe some of that money will come from the ACC move, and in 3-4 years we will have enough from that for the facilites. Maybe some more money could come from those fans who are georgraphically in the area to make an effort to get to the dome and personally support the team. Either way, I am sure we will survive this, and maybe learn a little something also.

This was a well thought, insightful and common sense post...Thus it does not belong here! Admins please delete!! ;)

good lord people, What is wrong with some of you??

bill orange writes a great post and then people immedietly attack it and post insanity.

cto, writes a great post about her state of mind in all this, and people immedietly attack it and post insanity.

if you are not in bill orange and cto's corner on this, then i suggest you leave the board. because clearly you dont know this but, you are a fluckin idiot and are embarrassing yourself.

if anything, stop posting till a week after the SuperBowl.

Oh Lord

It's been a long time since I advocated for giving the Kaiser wartime banning powers. Sometimes I've even advocated banning to Kaiser until he remembers this isn't a farging Giants board. But sometimes the Kaiser needs unlimited powers. As we all know, it goes straight to his head and things can get messy, but dammit, this is one of the times I'd like to suggest we give the Kaiser wartime powers to administer bans of a length of time of his choosing.

This says it all. cto has been partial to Sauvignon Blanc in the past, so clearly this was a celebratory beverage.

Willamette Valley?

One of my favorite trips of all time. Portland/Willamette. Micro brews/Pinot Noirs. Only regret was that we didn't make enough time to drive up to Astoria and look for One Eyed Willy's treasure. Didn't make time for Seattle either, so that's still on the to do list.

One of my favorite trips of all time. Portland/Willamette. Micro brews/Pinot Noirs. Only regret was that we didn't make enough time to drive up to Astoria and look for One Eyed Willy's treasure. Didn't make time for Seattle either, so that's still on the to do list.
Some of the finest Pinot Noirs in the world are produced in the valley. I went on the tour of the Willamette Valley Vineyard a couple of years back. Great area.

Did you make it to the Rogue Brewer?

Some of the finest Pinot Noirs in the world are produced in the valley. I went on the tour of the Willamette Valley Vineyard a couple of years back. Great area.

Don't think I made it there, was just looking it up. We went to a few breweries, but can't remember the names, this was back in 2008. I just remember enjoying the beers.

On my list I offer from WV, Domaine Serene Evenstad Pinot Noir, Archery Summit Pinot Noir and, at the suggestion of JB a couple of years ago, A to Z Pinot Noir, because Pop is a partner.

On my list I offer from WV, Domaine Serene Evenstad Pinot Noir, Archery Summit Pinot Noir and, at the suggestion of JB a couple of years ago, A to Z Pinot Noir, because Pop is a partner.
I making a list and heading off to the liquor store.

Have you seen the movie "Bottle Shock"? I really enjoyed it.

One of the things I would like to see them do is for season ticket holders, after the last game let us go online and put money down to reserve our seats, and have an additional place there where we can donate money for football.

What do you think, all of the trustees can just run up to Syracuse at the drop of a hat for meetings. Some of them have jobs, and other commitments in life. If they have anything to do with any of this it will be a couple of committee members via phone calls. Remember, the trustees do not get paid for what they do. They give a lot of their time, and are volunteers for this. Yes there is prestige, and probably some perks from the University, but it is not a paying job, and we should appreciate the time they do give to the University.
If Doug is set on leaving, then he is going to leave. That is part of the coaching carousel. If he wants to stay, he will work it out with the powers that be.
I would love for Doug to stay, but if he leaves, I appreciate where he has taken this program, and hope it is steady enough to continue forward.
Just remember some of the recent tragedies that have happened in this country... Hurricane Sandy, Newtown, and please put this in perspective, and treat each other on this board with respect.
Thanks.
what do our countries tragedies have to do with anything? im confused...not defending anyone but what was that all about?

It has to do with putting all of this hostility into perspective with the larger things in life. People act like some of this stuff is earth shattering. I am pointing out what is earth shattering, and what is not. Also people have been down right rude to each other. Once again, I was pointing out those things in life that you get upset about, and this is not one of them. You get upset about major tragedies, not football coaches, and trustees that you deem are not doing what you wish them to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom