Cubs fire DJ | Syracusefan.com

Cubs fire DJ

As a Cubs fan, I don't really know how to feel about this.

I don't think a 30 game suspension was enough; I'm not sure what would have been enough really. At any rate though, Chapman did serve the punishment, however weak it was.

Treating domestic violence as a joke like the DJ did is horrifically poor taste, and considering this offense was directly related to his job, it's no surprise that the DJ was fired.

I don't know man. I'm able to separate the player from the person, so I can be comfortable rooting for the Cubs, and as a result, rooting for Chapman, but this is a pretty unfortunate situation all the way around.

As a Cubs fan, I don't really know how to feel about this.

I don't think a 30 game suspension was enough; I'm not sure what would have been enough really. At any rate though, Chapman did serve the punishment, however weak it was.

Treating domestic violence as a joke like the DJ did is horrifically poor taste, and considering this offense was directly related to his job, it's no surprise that the DJ was fired.

I don't know man. I'm able to separate the player from the person, so I can be comfortable rooting for the Cubs, and as a result, rooting for Chapman, but this is a pretty unfortunate situation all the way around.

You aren't the GM so you shouldn't be expected to do anything but cheer for your team. Unless the team historically acquires players with records, or looks the other way on their own players you cannot change your fandom because of things like this. I agree the DJ was disrespectful and deserved punishment, I just think it's funny when teams pick and choose when to care about these things. They don't mind employing the guy who abused a woman because he is good at baseball, but they have zero tolerance about making light of domestic violence. Just funny to me I suppose.

In the context it was a poor choice. Dope video though

Extremely NSFW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom