Curious... I was thinking JB would retire either last or this year... | Syracusefan.com

Curious... I was thinking JB would retire either last or this year...

WaHoos4Me

Scout Team
But since he didn't, Hop moved on... Now it seems, JB wants to coach his grandson??? Am I mistaken in this??? If I'm not, when would said player arrive and then graduate??? I'm guessing it's another year before he arrives, thus making JB's departure 5 years from end of season? Seems like a stretch to me... I like Boeheim, but I'm not sure he has that many years left coaching... No disrespect intended... 76+ is rare air, IMO... 72 is really reaching... K, Boeheim, John Thompson did it I think, wracking brain here, think Roy Williams is upper sixties without research, ok... help me out if there are many other coaches I'm neglecting... yes, being lazy and enjoying a few pours of Jefferson Reserve...

But since he didn't, Hop moved on... Now it seems, JB wants to coach his grandson??? Am I mistaken in this??? If I'm not, when would said player arrive and then graduate??? I'm guessing it's another year before he arrives, thus making JB's departure 5 years from end of season? Seems like a stretch to me... I like Boeheim, but I'm not sure he has that many years left coaching... No disrespect intended... 76+ is rare air, IMO... 72 is really reaching... K, Boeheim, John Thompson did it I think, wracking brain here, think Roy Williams is upper sixties without research, ok... help me out if there are many other coaches I'm neglecting... yes, being lazy and enjoying a few pours of Jefferson Reserve...
John Thompson is 76 years old now but he hasn't coached since 1998-99. You must be confusing him with his son. That must be good booze you are drinking.

fastball is gone...

AR-307099906.jpg&updated=201707091628&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

probably shouldda been pulled last inning.

I believe Larry Brown coached until he was 77 and was the only coach to win championships in both the NCAA and NBA.

not at the same school. believe he had 17 stops along the way.

not at the same school. believe he had 17 stops along the way.
That's correct but I didn't think the OP was limiting it to coaching at one school. K did not. Roy did not, even Big John started as a high school coach.

correct. i wasn't limiting it . i was just pointing out that it's not the same thing on one key point.

To me this is all pretty clear. JB wants to coach his son, who will be here four years. In the meantime we are finished with the crippling sanctions and he can recruit/reload (which we have been) for one last run at that second title.

If he wants to stay on after Buddy leaves, I think that's when you have to push him out. You've given him the opportunity to coach his son. Seems like a logical break off. Of course if he wins a title or we have three 30-win seasons in the next three years then all bets are off and sure let him stay.

it's his son, not grandson.

And he comes next year.

Boeheim isn't going to retire on his own volition any time soon.

I'm assuming there are only two ways in which JB will ever be gone (for better or worse):
1) 3rd probation
2) health

Otherwise I think he's on the sidelines.

To me this is all pretty clear. JB wants to coach his son, who will be here four years. In the meantime we are finished with the crippling sanctions and he can recruit/reload (which we have been) for one last run at that second title.

If he wants to stay on after Buddy leaves, I think that's when you have to push him out. You've given him the opportunity to coach his son. Seems like a logical break off. Of course if he wins a title or we have three 30-win seasons in the next three years then all bets are off and sure let him stay.

Think of senior day for Buddy where it will also be JB's last game in the Carrier Dome. Going to be quite a spectacle. I could see Jim not saying anything ahead of time in order to not steal any thunder from Buddy's senior day but it would be a pretty cool way to go out for both of them. I would have to think JB's "Bowhaim" jersey goes up on the wall that day as well.

I believe Larry Brown coached until he was 77 and was the only coach to win championships in both the NCAA and NBA.
And the champion of most sanctions received as a coach

Fairly certain no coach over 72 has ever won an NCAA tournament game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom