Current Division 1 jobs openings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Current Division 1 jobs openings

He wanted the Siena job bad this past offseason. Called in all his favors to have people reach out to Siena and recommend him and all that.

Something to think about for anyone who throws his name out there as a potential Boeheim successor...
For real?

For real?
Patrick Beilein did the same thing and he didn’t get the job either.
Jamion Christian led Mount St. Mary’s University to a pair of NCAA Tournament appearances over his six seasons at the helm was a strong hire for Siena.
I would have taken him over GMac it’s Beilein.

That offense was middle of the pack statistically, if I recall correctly.

And I don’t know if I’d call Gillon good. Decent. Way better than what we’ve had lately, but in terms of SU PG’s, he’s middle of the pack IMO.
Gillon was as streaky an offensive player as I can remember at SU and had some unbelievable scoring games, mixed in with many unproductive ones. He was a solid playmaker and a below average defender in the zone.

Autry was here well before his son was.

If he gets a head job, great.

Having 3 new assistants doesn’t seem like a recipe for success. You are the current king of H0T Takes.

Where do these idiots come from? I may stop reading this board after almost 10 years. It’s getting that bad. I can’t come here for good Syracuse hoop discussion anymore. Mouth breathers anonymous.

Autry was here well before his son was.

If he gets a head job, great.

Having 3 new assistants doesn’t seem like a recipe for success. You are the current king of H0T Takes.
Nick Saben wants a word with you..

So JB is hurting Autry in recruiting?
I like Autry and clearly prefer him to GMac but I was putting the standard of he is the top guy.
Autry has had assistant jobs at other schools so I don’t doubt him.

Recruiting is just a sports version of sales and Autry isn’t selling the same product he was 5-7 years ago. I mean say you tell a kid we play nationally televised on Saturday. When they watch us yesterday or recently it’s a much different product than if they turned us on 08-14.

As for JB specifically being a headwind, 5-7 years ago the program’s head coach was a CBB legend who looked as on point as ever and the age/successor question was easily answered by just pointing to Hop who everybody loved. now who knows who replaces JB and he’s transitioned into the phase where he’s viewed by recruits as running out of gas and on the way out soon.

That isn’t as big an issue for guys in the backend of the top 100 or lower caliber because typically the schools you’re competing against all have their faults too and our program still has a lot to offer. But when you try to get the top 50 or especially top 25 kids you’re competing against the big boys and that stuff catches up to us and we’re getting crossed off quicker and quicker.

Last edited:
If JB won’t change we are screwed.
The status quo isn’t working and blaming it all on sanctions is bullchit.
Sanctions aren’t why our offense sucks.

He’s right ya know. JB could have hired outside when Hop left and he didn’t.

Not surprised Gmac didn't land the Siena job. Disappointed for him but he needs more time. I think Gerry would make a great coach for any team clise to Scranton. Hes a legend there and if he started competing against the St.Peters of the world he would crush them. Hope he gets an opportunity.

He’s right ya know. JB could have hired outside when Hop left and he didn’t.

Definitely could have and I was strongly in favor of doing so as were many others. Love Griff as a player but though that hiring was less than inspiring.

Definitely could have and I was strongly in favor of doing so as were many others. Love Griff as a player but though that hiring was less than inspiring.
I don’t think really anyone was happy with the Allen Griffin selection to replace Hop. Not because Griffin was disliked but he was just a meh hire.
We really need MAAC/America East/NEC jobs open up. Our guys could be candidates for those jobs.

He wanted the Siena job bad this past offseason. Called in all his favors to have people reach out to Siena and recommend him and all that.

Something to think about for anyone who throws his name out there as a potential Boeheim successor...
Beilen at LeMoyne wanted that job and thought he had it locked up and Siena chose somebody else. Beilen was offered the job at Marist and he turned it down.

Not surprised Gmac didn't land the Siena job. Disappointed for him but he needs more time. I think Gerry would make a great coach for any team clise to Scranton. Hes a legend there and if he started competing against the St.Peters of the world he would crush them. Hope he gets an opportunity.

Siena made it clear they were only hiring someone with HC experience.

Talk about someone who missed the chance to jump while he was hot - King Rice. 11-20 last year and 13-20 this year at Monmouth after his two big seasons. JR Reid is now an assistant there.

Rumors from our board - Buzz Williams to one of the Texas schools and Shaka Smart from Texas to Wake.

Beard isn't going anywhere (unless he's poached by a big-time program), and I don't really think that aTm is much of an upgrade over VT, but I could see him leaving for UT.

Coaching hot seat is going to be an interesting one this year. I'd be as skittish as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs if I were on a hiring committee. If we hire him, will he show up on an FBI wiretap?