Cuse - Nova prediction thread

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Orange 41
Wildcats 27

Offense has little to no trouble moving the ball
Defense falls for some trick plays allowing for big Nova plays in half 2
Special teams solid

Game is not too close but said big plays in second half by Nova keep the first team O out longer than we would like to see, limiting snap opportunity for our young backup QB's

I really think if the offense is taking the next step forward we need to score 40+ in this game. by that same token if the D allows more than 14 pts on drives while the game is in doubt that is a concern. if Vill scores on a big play or a mistake you can live with it, but if they are able to move the ball on decent 7-10 play drives we have issues to address.

47-14 Wilson gets most of the second half and leads team to 21 points

I really think if the offense is taking the next step forward we need to score 40+ in this game. by that same token if the D allows more than 14 pts on drives while the game is in doubt that is a concern. if Vill scores on a big play or a mistake you can live with it, but if they are able to move the ball on decent 7-10 play drives we have issues to address.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Villanova is going to score once or twice- a trick play or a long run just to make us mad. The game will be annoyingly close through the half, but Syracuse is too athletic and too big for Villanova to handle it.

38-14 final.

My prediction: pain and suffering for 'Nova.

Oh, and 42-14 score.

no offense to all the other fcs schools but this will be best one as nova football is one of the best fcs teams in last 30 yrs. this game kinda scares me as nova has a experinced roster and a returning qb john roberston who rushed for 1405 yards 20 tds passed for 1957 and 13 tds . and capable of scoring 30. so with that i see cuse starting out fast and winning 41-24..and would love to see the fans stay for the whole game since most say there all in..

no offense to all the other fcs schools but this will be best one as nova football is one of the best fcs teams in last 30 yrs. this game kinda scares me as nova has a experinced roster and a returning qb john roberston who rushed for 1405 yards 20 tds passed for 1957 and 13 tds . and capable of scoring 30. so with that i see cuse starting out fast and winning 41-24..and would love to see the fans stay for the whole game since most say there all in..

What? in the last 30 years? There are a few North Dakota State and Appalachian St. teams that want to speak with you. Maybe Youngstown St. as well.

The NDSU Bison are the only FCS program to ever be ranked higher #34 in the AP National Football Poll. After the 2011 Championship Game, the Bison became only the second team in FCS History to receive votes in the final AP Top 25 with 2, putting them at #32 overall (FCS Record); the other being Appalachian State who receive 5 votes after their third consecutive FCS Championship in 2007 and ended at #34.

Syracuse 50 nova 6 had to cover the computer 43 point spread I posted

I'd say it probably goes 35-17.

First quarter is slow, nova kicks a FG on their first drive, we go into halftime up 17-10 and blow their doors off to start the 3rd quarter.

I'll go out and make a few stat line predictions.

Hunt 16-21 197 yards 1 TD 52 yards rushing 1 td
Ground game 286 yards running

We force 2 TOs, both in the second half, one defensive score, scoop and score would be my guess.

3 sacks, 2 by our LBs 1 by our DL.

I would also say we see some solid play from our freshman down the line of the game, Ishmael, Custis, Williams.

I'd say it probably goes 35-17.

First quarter is slow, nova kicks a FG on their first drive, we go into halftime up 17-10 and blow their doors off to start the 3rd quarter.

I'll go out and make a few stat line predictions.

Hunt 16-21 197 yards 1 TD 52 yards rushing 1 td
Ground game 286 yards running

We force 2 TOs, both in the second half, one defensive score, scoop and score would be my guess.

3 sacks, 2 by our LBs 1 by our DL.

I would also say we see some solid play from our freshman down the line of the game, Ishmael, Custis, Williams.

Obviously the game could play out in a million different ways, but I think what you just described is the most realistic scenario.

that's why i said one of the best teams in last 30 years but i also should of worded it better as inmo i feel nova is better then the maine,stony brook,wagner,rhode island.

44-13... Offense strings together a lot of drives and Norton has a good day. Hunt 3TD 250 yards. RB's all contribute and punch 2 in. Defense has a solid day but Wildcats find a way to get in scoring range 3 times