Cuse offers 13 QB from Mississippi | Syracusefan.com

Cuse offers 13 QB from Mississippi

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
His first

johnprofile_1__normal.jpg

So we're first to offer, which increases our odds of landing him.

Recruiting is a 365 day thing. Never ends.

Wonder what our connection is. Someone knows someone there.

(Maybe rob spence told us about him)

We have s shot unless an SEC team gets involved and offers. That's just googling about this kid and reading articles on him.

This guy looks extremely good on tape. This would obviously be a huge get. Big kid, big arm and looks to have great speed as well. He's got a bit of a gunslinger mentality it looks like, but sign me up.

The more I watch him film the more I like it. I am very impressed with this kid for two reasons: first, his release is lightning quick. Certainly the fastest I have seen out of a SU QB recruit in the ten years or so I've been following it. Second, is his understand ing of the game. You can see he is making reads, looking at progressions. Very impressive.

He doesn't have the biggest arm in the world and kind of has a 3 quarter release point, but his quick release helps make up for it quite a bit. I think his arm will get stronger as he fills out. He is mobile, but not what I would call a dual threat. Probably a kid that can use his feet to by some time in the pocket.

Actually, and this is kind of funny, but he reminds me a bit of Greg Paulus coming out of HS (without the accolades). Quick release, accurate, cerebral, good but not great athlete, decent but certainly not a howitzer for an arm. Could be a very good QB at this level.

Wow. Impressive. Have to think some big southern schools will be involved.

The more I watch him film the more I like it. I am very impressed with this kid for two reasons: first, his release is lightning quick. Certainly the fastest I have seen out of a SU QB recruit in the ten years or so I've been following it. Second, is his understand ing of the game. You can see he is making reads, looking at progressions. Very impressive.

He doesn't have the biggest arm in the world and kind of has a 3 quarter release point, but his quick release helps make up for it quite a bit. I think his arm will get stronger as he fills out. He is mobile, but not what I would call a dual threat. Probably a kid that can use his feet to by some time in the pocket.

Actually, and this is kind of funny, but he reminds me a bit of Greg Paulus coming out of HS (without the accolades). Quick release, accurate, cerebral, good but not great athlete, decent but certainly not a howitzer for an arm. Could be a very good QB at this level.

I was waiting for someone to say it. I saw it too.

what happens when Ole Miss or Miss St come calling? He already camped at Bama

That's why I mentioned what I did. His mother is an ole miss alum and in articles it mentions his high interest in sec schools.

Can't hurt to offer. Worst case scenario we meet the coaching staff and start a relationship.

The same thing that happened when FSU came after Phil Thomas or Miami after Whigham - you fight the battle. If we keep acting like a small time program that's never been there when it comes to recruiting, then we're never going to get there.

The same thing that happened when FSU came after Phil Thomas or Miami after Whigham - you fight the battle. If we keep acting like a small time program that's never been there when it comes to recruiting, then we're never going to get there.
Thats different -- thats the state of FL, where we have gotten kids for decades ... this is Mississippi ... where we have never landed a recruit

Forget this kid. He's going to Duke to play basketball.

Sent from my DROIDX

Forget this kid. He's going to Duke to play basketball.

Sent from my DROIDX
He wants to someday be a college basketball coach and wants to learn from the best.

Doug has a greater chance of winning 6 games next year than he does of landing this kid . Forget about it

Doug has a greater chance of winning 6 games next year than he does of landing this kid . Forget about it
So we have a 90% chance of landing him?

Jesus, we offered the kid, we offer a ton of kids. Who knows The goal is to get him in early establish the relationship and pray that you can fend off others if he does in fact commit. It's a long shot for sure but it's not like we have a ton of time invested at this point. For all we know, Adkins and his old man are hunting buddies from his days in Tennessee or something.

that;s why you play the game right ?

last year syracuse offered the QB from Tennessee - Voytik - he went North to Pitt. You never know, maybe there's an extisting relationship or some mutual interest there that gets you in the door.