Cuse offers 13 QB from Mississippi | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse offers 13 QB from Mississippi

I was waiting for someone to say it. I saw it too.
I think there are some similaritis with the 2013 NY kid we have offered as well, Chris Laviano. For some reason :rolleyes: , I think the staff might be putting a premium on ability to throw the long ball accurately.

That's why I mentioned what I did. His mother is an ole miss alum and in articles it mentions his high interest in sec schools.

I hope SU doesn't get blindsided on this one.

I like what this staff is doing and I feel very confident they will continue to build relationships and identify the talent they want earlier than most schools.

I hope SU doesn't get blindsided on this one.

I like what this staff is doing and I feel very confident they will continue to build relationships and identify the talent they want earlier than most schools.
Not sure they can get "blindsided". They know the odds. However, on the plus side, there is only one team that will be the "first" offer and SU can distinguish itself by being that team. If it's the second or third, SU is certainly lost in the pack. By being the first, the kid won't forget SU. Odds are still not with SU but I like the strategy and every little bit can help.

Not sure they can get "blindsided". They know the odds. However, on the plus side, there is only one team that will be the "first" offer and SU can distinguish itself by being that team. If it's the second or third, SU is certainly lost in the pack. By being the first, the kid won't forget SU. Odds are still not with SU but I like the strategy and every little bit can help.

It was a bad allusion from the movie where the mom is an alum from Ole Miss.

I agree that identifying early and showing the kid some love has proven to be an effective tool for SU.

Thats different -- thats the state of FL, where we have gotten kids for decades ... this is Mississippi ... where we have never landed a recruit
It was from a lack of trying. Maybe the staff has re-thought it's position down there? Maybe it had something to do with the former recruiter in that area?

Our free data base has the data already about our offer

One of the pay sites hasn't cought it yet

Kudos TC

One of the problems with Ryan is the competition he's facing. Academy doesn't play against the best.

Anyone know info on Elijah Daniel DE Avon IN heard we offered yesterday? When was the last recruit from Indiana?

It was a bad allusion from the movie where the mom is an alum from Ole Miss.

I agree that identifying early and showing the kid some love has proven to be an effective tool for SU.
Ok...I get it now. The movie reference went right over my head. Thanks for explaining.

Doug and team have really stepped up in getting offers out to the top 2013 recruiting targets early! This is very encouraging because as of now we don't need a really large class for 2013, so hopefully we can stick in the thick of things with some of these highly regarded recruits and maybe steal one or two.

Doug and team have really stepped up in getting offers out to the top 2013 recruiting targets early! This is very encouraging because as of now we don't need a really large class for 2013, so hopefully we can stick in the thick of things with some of these highly regarded recruits and maybe steal one or two.
The thing I don't get is that the staff always says that there has to be a connection if they are going outside their normal recruiting areas. Otherwise, it's a waste of their time, there has to be something else here at play here.

The thing I don't get is that the staff always says that there has to be a connection if they are going outside their normal recruiting areas. Otherwise, it's a waste of their time, there has to be something else here at play here.
Well, if they want to establish new recruiting areas, they need to make connections. Gotta start somewhere in making it a "normal" recruiting area. Maybe they want to establish a channel in Indiana.

Actually, and this is kind of funny, but he reminds me a bit of Greg Paulus coming out of HS (without the accolades). Quick release, accurate, cerebral, good but not great athlete, decent but certainly not a howitzer for an arm. Could be a very good QB at this level.

I never saw GP in HS, but I can see what you mean based on what I saw of him at SU. This kid seems to have a stronger arm in HS than what I saw from GP at SU.

He would be a very good get, but I don't see him coming up to SU unless he has some connection to CNY because I think a bigger program from the south will get him.

Don't get your hopes up but there is no down side to getting in there early and offering and developing a relationship with the kid and family. Maybe we can get lucky. No harm in trying.

when you go after kids like this from out of our area, you have to know the kid is a big picture kid: education, national and international connections for work, etc. If its just about FB or a kid who will always go back to Mississippi, we don't stand a chance. Also, gotta think ACC move helps a bit with southern kids.

Doug has a greater chance of winning 6 games next year than he does of landing this kid . Forget about it

Where's the dislike button for this clown?

We have s shot unless an SEC team gets involved and offers. That's just googling about this kid and reading articles on him.

I'll be impressed only if Miami offers him late. :)