Class of 2014 - Cuse offers Randall Cunningham Jr. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Cuse offers Randall Cunningham Jr.

I would replace them @ 4 with KC. Neil Smith was a beast @ LB and Dan Saleaumua could put in work at NT. Word was a solid rb (although fumble prone) and the Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye, chucking defenders 15 yards across the field was a blast. They had solid WR's as well but lacked a dependable QB to get the ball to them.
I take offense to that.

I take offense to that.

Ha, you would!

What happened in this game Steve?
images

I take offense to that.
Oh, Steve your had a nice long career, but in the world of Techmo you were the chain that constantly had the Los Angeles Raiders winning the AFC West. I believe the AFC Pro Bowl QBs in the game are Elway, QB Bills(Jim Kelly), and QB Oilers(Warren Moon)

Oh, Steve your had a nice long career, but in the world of Techmo you were the chain that constantly had the Los Angeles Raiders winning the AFC West. I believe the AFC Pro Bowl QBs in the game are Elway, QB Bills(Jim Kelly), and QB Oilers(Warren Moon)

Fun fact. I still own an NES and Tecmo superbowl and just figured out last month that you can actually edit the pro bowl rosters and pick your team. Truthfully I never played many pro bowl games so never knew this, did anyone else? That game was truly visonary for it's time.

Fun fact. I still own an NES and Tecmo superbowl and just figured out last month that you can actually edit the pro bowl rosters and pick your team. Truthfully I never played many pro bowl games so never knew this, did anyone else? That game was truly visonary for it's time.
I have an old NES and have the game on my computer on an NES ROM and never realized that tell I looked it up now. I always pick a random team and try to go undefeated with each team. BTW do you notice how you smoke teams early and by week 9-10 even the bad teams play you really tough. The game was ahead of its time as the better you do its seems the computer has one of those you are fumbling 5 times games even with players in Excellent/Good health games and you aren't going undefeated seasons. I couldn't lose though with the aforementioned super teams.

for those who no longer own a NES

nintendo8.com has a huge selection of old games you just play right on their site. no need to download or anything like that

I think some of you are confusing Tecmo Bowl with Tecmo Super Bowl...

I think some of you are confusing Tecmo Bowl with Tecmo Super Bowl...
We are talking about Tecmo Super Bowl the 1990 NES game with QB Eagles as Randall Cunningham. TSB allows teams to have 8 plays Tecmo Bowl the original only allowed 4 plays.

This thread is hilarious. I was addicted to NES & TB as well as SNES & TSB.

Deion Sanders was ridic in TSB. Absolutely unstoppable. On kickoff returns, I used to run around in the endzone for awhile before taking it to the house just to make it more challenging.

Then of course, running zig zags down the field to keep the defenders from catching you.

Tecmo-Bowl-Bo-Jackson-Keep-Calm-Retro-Tee-Shirt-CROPPED-640x562.png

So what about Randall Cunningham II? Come to Cuse!

for those who no longer own a NES

nintendo8.com has a huge selection of old games you just play right on their site. no need to download or anything like that
Thank you. You just made my lunch day.

You mean QB Eagles, Cunningham probably wasn't a member of the NFLPA and thus ineligible to be in that game. However, that game had 3 dominant players 1. Bo Jackson-Techmo Bo would literally bounce off guys. 2. Lawrence Taylor- when LT touched the QB he would automatically get a sack unbelievable player, and 3. Cunningham- QB Eagles was a player I always lead the league in passing AND rushing with. He had that unstoppable QB draw play and was an automatic first down.
So the question is, what happens when LT runs into either Bo or Cunningham? Does the TV explode?

So the question is, what happens when LT runs into either Bo or Cunningham? Does the TV explode?
LT always won the battles with Cunningham when I played as the Giants when I was the Eagles, QB Eagles just avoided his side of the field. I never played LT vs. Bo on the computer as the Giants-Raiders weren't on the schedule for 1991. I played my friends in the game and Bo would just avoid LT's side of the field. LT was an automatic sack or tackle if he touched you.

Cunningham is currently playing on FoxSports1 for anyone interested.

To say unimpressive would be an understatement

yeah i watched the game, good runner very average thrower

Baylor is recruiting him as a QB. Coach Briles can teach him to become a quarterback.

I would take the 49ers @ #1 because IF Montana got hurt Steve Young was coming in. I played as the Dolphis alot being a huge Marino fan as a kid and can attest that they are weak on defense and not stellar running the ball so I have them in the 6-10 rank. I would replace them @ 4 with KC. Neil Smith was a beast @ LB and Dan Saleaumua could put in work at NT. Word was a solid rb (although fumble prone) and the Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye, chucking defenders 15 yards across the field was a blast. They had solid WR's as well but lacked a dependable QB to get the ball to them.

No love for Derrick Thomas at OLB for the Chiefs? He is just a shade below LT. You can easily register double-digit sacks in a single game with Thomas. Okoye was a beast, but he fumbled way too much and got hurt often in season mode. Stephone Paige on the deep ball was very difficult to stop, as well.

I loved playing with the Browns too. QB Browns (Kosar) on the all-curls route was nearly unstoppable. Kevin Mack when healthy was a load. Clay Matthews or Mike Johnson at OLB, depending on opponent and health would rack up serious sack #s. Just take one of those two on every down and rush through the middle.

Best sports video game ever! Blows away Madden as far as playability.

LT always won the battles with Cunningham when I played as the Giants when I was the Eagles, QB Eagles just avoided his side of the field. I never played LT vs. Bo on the computer as the Giants-Raiders weren't on the schedule for 1991. I played my friends in the game and Bo would just avoid LT's side of the field. LT was an automatic sack or tackle if he touched you.
^This. LT would beat even Bo, every time.

I still have my old NES and my 15 year-old son and I play TSB regularly. In fact, I beat him just the other night. We choose teams at random and I got the Jets, he got the Pats. Rob Moore and Al Toon had field days, as did Dennis Byrd.

No love for Derrick Thomas at OLB for the Chiefs? He is just a shade below LT. You can easily register double-digit sacks in a single game with Thomas. Okoye was a beast, but he fumbled way too much and got hurt often in season mode. Stephone Paige on the deep ball was very difficult to stop, as well.

I loved playing with the Browns too. QB Browns (Kosar) on the all-curls route was nearly unstoppable. Kevin Mack when healthy was a load. Clay Matthews or Mike Johnson at OLB, depending on opponent and health would rack up serious sack #s. Just take one of those two on every down and rush through the middle.

Best sports video game ever! Blows away Madden as far as playability.

You may want to check out

http://syracusefan.com/threads/tecmo-super-bowl-fanstasy-draft.52246/

We did a Tecmo Super Bowl fantasy draft if you missed it.