Cuse opens -13 over Army | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens -13 over Army

Ahh, so you’re the reason for this post on their board!

Certainly not accurate on this board and he is confusing some fan talk with what the team is actually doing.

IMG_6999.jpeg

If we win the toss, we better take the ball. Go up 7 early.
I hate being on offense first. I swear we lost every single coin toss last year. I love having the ball at the end of the first half and then getting it right back to start the 2nd. Plus the crowd is excited and wants to be loud at the start of the game.

Look at the game last weekend, they ran the ball over 65 times and had 45 minutes of possession time. It’s still their MO, with a bit more passing tossed in there
Army was 6x6 on 4th down last week.. that adds a ton of plays and time.. even if every time it was just three more plays its 18 plays and 10 min of possession...

So you need to get them into spots where they cant go for it and especially keep them on their side of the field.

Last edited:
The only thing that makes me nervous about this game is the emotional hangover from Purdue, and then looking ahead to Clemson.

Last year after that incredible Purdue win, we were 10-point favorites against UVA. We got out to a comfortable lead, but then just got sluggish and messy, and almost lost. Have to stay locked in for 60 minutes. Army isn't Colgate where you just go through the motions and win.

If army goes for it on all downs they only need to average 2.5 yards per play.

I am a bit worried about this game

Need to do what we have been doing all season and I hope the team is far more focused on Army than the fan base is

Otherwise we’re going to be leaving the dome as very sad oranges

The only thing that makes me nervous about this game is the emotional hangover from Purdue, and then looking ahead to Clemson.

Last year after that incredible Purdue win, we were 10-point favorites against UVA. We got out to a comfortable lead, but then just got sluggish and messy, and almost lost. Have to stay locked in for 60 minutes. Army isn't Colgate where you just go through the motions and win.
I hear ya, but that comes down to coaching. And we have a lights out staff. They’ll make sure the players don’t sleep on this game.

I expect the Army D to play a lot of zone to start the game. I don't believe they have the DBs to stay with our WRs (both in terms of speed and height), and playing man coverage opens things up for Shrader.

I expect the Army D to play a lot of zone to start the game. I don't believe they have the DBs to stay with our WRs (both in terms of speed and height), and playing man coverage opens things up for Shrader.

Great point on the WRs. I know they need to work on catching the ball, but man were our wideouts getting open against Purdue. The separation we’ve been seeing without Gadsden has been really encouraging.

Great point on the WRs. I know they need to work on catching the ball, but man were our wideouts getting open against Purdue. The separation we’ve been seeing without Gadsden has been really encouraging.
if a few throws were spotted better it would have helped but you cant have 7-8 drops and another simple TD dropped too.

We are by far the better team. I think Vegas is looking at this like a trap game. Our boys know Clemson is after Army and what happened last year. I’m confident Dino, Beck and Rocky will have the boys ready. This where our great leadership on this team comes in. We have abundance of strong leaders on this team this year. Shrader, Wax, Caleb, Orande, Barron, Alijah Clark, Isaiah Johnson, Bleich, Lequint. The boys will be ready, don’t think they overlook this game and I think we will by 21+

I hate that the ML for Army is only +410. That has an implied probability of Army winning outright at 20%. That’s too high for my BP!

A
UTSA avg 6 yds a run but only ran 20 times

We need to score on the good drives so force Army out of their comfort.
Are we allowed to score on the bad drives?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom