Cuse opens -3.5 over wake... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens -3.5 over wake...

Wake gave up 710 yards and 48 points to ND.

I do agree however, the game looks fairly evenly matched. I don't think their D is built to stop us though.

Good against the pass, good pass rushers. Not as good against the run.

It will be a dog fight.

Good against the pass, good pass rushers. Not as good against the run.

It will be a dog fight.

Passing yards given up over the last 5

ND - 330
Louisville - 332
Georgia Tech - 68
Clemson - 263
Florida St - 121

Passing yards given up over the last 5

ND - 330
Louisville - 332
Georgia Tech - 68
Clemson - 263
Florida St - 121

#55 nationally is better than average and better than us.

#55 nationally is better than average and better than us.

Aided by their cupcake schedule (Presbyterian had 41 yards passing) and Georgia Tech (68).

We've also played NC State, LSU, Pitt and MTSU to their BC (another running team). They gave up 372 passing yards to AppSt. We've only given up 300 yards passing in one game this year; Miami 344. We gave up 204 I think to Clemson and 136 to FSU.

Their pass defense is OK. It's not been good against passing teams. I'm pretty confident we'll put up over 400.

Tit for tat

Yards Allowed
wake = 418.3
syracuse = 365.1

Pass Yards Allowed
wake = 212.8
syracuse = 226.8

Rush Yards Allowed
wake = 205.6
syracuse = 138.3

This is setting up to be a repeat of Pitt last year, this could end up being a fun game.

Aided by their cupcake schedule (Presbyterian had 41 yards passing) and Georgia Tech (68).

We've also played NC State, LSU, Pitt and MTSU to their BC (another running team). They gave up 372 passing yards to AppSt. We've only given up 300 yards passing in one game this year; Miami 344. We gave up 204 I think to Clemson and 136 to FSU.

Their pass defense is OK. It's not been good against passing teams. I'm pretty confident we'll put up over 400.

Tit for tat

Yards Allowed
wake = 418.3
syracuse = 365.1

Pass Yards Allowed
wake = 212.8
syracuse = 226.8

Rush Yards Allowed
wake = 205.6
syracuse = 138.3

Does Wake run a no huddle offense? I thought I saw that against one team (Louisville?) If so, we'll see how our defense works against an offense similar to ours.

Tit for tat

Yards Allowed
wake = 418.3
syracuse = 365.1

Pass Yards Allowed
wake = 212.8
syracuse = 226.8

Rush Yards Allowed
wake = 205.6
syracuse = 138.3

I'm aware :)

They've played a similar schedule

avg S&P+ Opponent Rank Cuse: 55
avg S&P+ Opponent Rank WF: 49

Their stats are suspect a little in that they played two running teams, as Dino mentioned today. I do think we'll put up 400+ yards of offense - because that's what we do.

Does Wake run a no huddle offense? I thought I saw that against one team (Louisville?) If so, we'll see how our defense works against an offense similar to ours.
We run ours a lot in practice so the defense will be in great shape for this.

FWIW I make lines every week on Sunday Morning and I had lined the Cuse game at 4...and I have been getting KILLED this year with college football. I think it sits there all week with little movement. I need to stop betting :bat::rolling::bat:

Really? Are you getting Cuse? I have bet us every week this year... We are 8-1 ATS this year!

Huge game for Moe, Dontae and Erv.

Now Wake is favored by 1? This seems crazy unless Dungey is out. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow when it goes up more and take SU moneyline, we're not losing tomorrow.

wake to the casual person feels like they have won games and they scored on ND last week

I'm aware :)

They've played a similar schedule

avg S&P+ Opponent Rank Cuse: 55
avg S&P+ Opponent Rank WF: 49

Their stats are suspect a little in that they played two running teams, as Dino mentioned today. I do think we'll put up 400+ yards of offense - because that's what we do.
How is that possible? We have played a way tougher schedule than them

doesnt that S&P have them like 30 spots ahead of us in that scale?

Now Wake is favored by 1? This seems crazy unless Dungey is out. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow when it goes up more and take SU moneyline, we're not losing tomorrow.

We can still win with Mahoney!

Mahoney when we know he is starting gets a completely different game plan than when he gets thrown in last second..

doesnt that S&P have them like 30 spots ahead of us in that scale?

Yep.

It’s because the are steady and effecient. The numbers this year hate our effeciency on O. And we give up explosive plays on D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom