Cuse opens +7 @VaTech | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens +7 @VaTech

Scotch

Starter
Interesting to see if this moves. Seems about right.

Didnt realise techs 10-0 at home is that correct?

VT has lost their last five games vs the spread, which means nothing since our goal is to beat them outright. That said, this game will be a huge gauge to tell how well the team is playing against better teams. I'm pretty excited to see.

Thought it would be 4-6 at most...not too surprised tho. Saturday night game off a blowout

I expected 7.5 open based on Ken Pom ((EM of 22.51- EM 16.51)* Pace of .66 + HC of 3.5). We have playing well so I would not be surprised to see it slide down a bit from opening and maybe end up nearer to 6.

I expected 7.5 open based on Ken Pom ((EM of 22.51- EM 16.51)* Pace of .66 + HC of 3.5). We have playing well so I would not be surprised to see it slide down a bit from opening and maybe end up nearer to 6.
Thanks for explaining how to use KP to estimate spreads. Can you spell out how to calculate the expected pace between two teams?

Thought it would be 4-6 at most...not too surprised tho. Saturday night game off a blowout
V-Tech is #3 nationally (almost 50%) at 'deep state' zone-busting. So oddsmakers think it's a bad matchup for us (shooters Hill, Robinson and Outlaw are seniors). I say we run an anti-chucking scheme - plant our perimeter guys 2-3 feet past the line and let them drive.

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining how to use KP to estimate spreads. Can you spell out how to calculate the expected pace between two teams?

I just use the free data on the main page.

Pace is the "AdjT" stat... so coming into this game, Virginia Tech was 65.3 per game and Syracuse was 66.9 possessions. So the average is 66, and I divide by 100, since the EM is based on 100 possessions.

Pace is the "AdjT" stat... so coming into this game, Virginia Tech was 65.3 per game and Syracuse was 66.9 possessions. So the average is 66, and I divide by 100, since the EM is based on 100 possessions.

Did you best against the Cuse tonight? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom