Cuse opens up -3 for Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens up -3 for Pitt

I-N-S-A-N-E
I will never bet against Syracuse but that line is stupid. If I loved my wallet more than my team I would drop a stupid large bet on Pitt ML.

I won't though.
It is shocking.

We win by double digits and the national championship talk commences. JB is a genius again and his move to go to a 6 man rotation has changed everything. The team loves each other again. Watch it happen, you heard it here first.

Ken Pomeroy's formula would have us favored.

Last edited:
I-N-S-A-N-E
I will never bet against Syracuse but that line is stupid. If I loved my wallet more than my team I would drop a stupid large bet on Pitt ML.

I won't though.

I never bet any Cuse games, but this has that 2001 SU football +20 at Miami feel to it. I'm telling all my non SU fan degen buddies to bet the house on the other team. The only thing that worries me about this if I did bet Pitt was that Vegas was begging me to take the Panthers, never a good thing.

I apologize for saying the same thing on every odds post but this number was expected. Vegas almost always bases opening odds on some system similar to KenPom Rating.

I don't pay for the premium, but I always look at the net efficiency on his main page, adjust for pace, add home court of 3.5, and I almost always come up within 1 of the opening line. Today it was bang on.

Pitt +13.27 per 100 Possessions
Syracuse +12.66 per 100 Possessions

Advantage Pitt - +0.61 per 100 Possessions
Avg Pace of Both Teams - 68.3

Pitt Favoured by 0.41 points on neutral floor (.61 advantage adjusted to 68.3 possessions)
Add Standard 3.5 Home Point Advantage

Syracuse Favoured by 3.09 points (3.5 + (.41)

But as it does seem like a great number for Pitt I do expect the line to come down to maybe 1.5 by game time.

I apologize for saying the same thing on every odds post but this number was expected. Vegas almost always bases opening odds on some system similar to KenPom Rating.

I don't pay for the premium, but I always look at the net efficiency on his main page, adjust for pace, add home court of 3.5, and I almost always come up within 1 of the opening line. Today it was bang on.

Pitt +13.27 per 100 Possessions
Syracuse +12.66 per 100 Possessions

Advantage Pitt - +0.61 per 100 Possessions
Avg Pace of Both Teams - 68.3

Pitt Favoured by 0.41 points on neutral floor (.61 advantage adjusted to 68.3 possessions)
Add Standard 3.5 Home Point Advantage

Syracuse Favoured by 3.09 points (3.5 + (.41)

But as it does seem like a great number for Pitt I do expect the line to come down to maybe 1.5 by game time.

So this means we win by 20.

To be honest I think Pitt -3 would be a stupid line. Syracuse -3. I have no words.

Pitt lost to Duquesne which is considered worse than any SU loss. I think Gillon could give them problems with his quickness.

This is almost as big a game for them as it is us. Lose and they're staring at 1-3, there's no way they're winning their next game at Louisville, the Cards will crush them.

We win by double digits and the national championship talk commences. JB is a genius again and his move to go to a 6 man rotation has changed everything. The team loves each other again. Watch it happen, you heard it here first.
"Some people say that I'm a dreamer . . .
But I'm not the only one."

To be honest I think Pitt -3 would be a stupid line. Syracuse -3. I have no words.
If it looks too good to be true, either head for the hills or go against your gut instinct.

I never understand why people are surprised about lines. The analytic numbers are public for everyone to see.

I'd be curious to see how Stallings historically does vs. zones. Artis and company certainly know enough to get off to a solid start - but once we adjust like we always do, how will PItt react? I think we underrating how much of Pitt success vs. us is Dixon related

The line was down at -2.5 this morning, and surprisingly it is now up to -4 for Syracuse.

I was not surprised to see the opening at -3.0, but I am surprised to see it is moving towards Syracuse.

Lines are for the books to make money, not predictive of a score. Their job is to get people to bet the way they want them to bet.

I never understand why people are surprised about lines. The analytic numbers are public for everyone to see.
Its fun for a lot of people who don't follow sagarin or kenpom. Or they don't care. I enjoy the surprised/ not surprised aspect of the spread threads, even though like you, I pretty much know the opening number based on kenpom and sagarin.

Wonder which of you went Judas and bet against our boys on Pitt.

Jamie Dixon's not there anymore but his stench remains. Stay strong.

I do like the Over 144 bet as well. Things are different at Pitt without Dixon.

Lines are for the books to make money, not predictive of a score. Their job is to get people to bet the way they want them to bet.
Yep. And the fact that it's now at Cuse -4 means more money is on Cuse and Vegas wants people to start takin Pitt with the points

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom