Cuse opens up -3 for Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens up -3 for Pitt

Saw it went up to -4.5.

In the end I was surprised to see where the money was going on this one.

Lines are for the books to make money, not predictive of a score. Their job is to get people to bet the way they want them to bet.

Yes they will move it to reduce exposure, but its not always to get to the safe 50/50 position.

Vegas is unable to go for 50/50 split in many college basketball games. That would expose them to losses because they would be forced to make up some ridiculous lines to bring some games to 50/50. They then expose themselves to late betting which brings them under 50% on the bad side of the line.

They would rather have a reliable analytics system and be in a situation where they will often be 70% betting on one side in the many of the games, and move the line a bit based on where the bets are going to reduce exposure a bit.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I put money on Pitt +3.5. I will only bet against Cuse when they are favored and I can technically win the bet and we can win the game.

Feel free to start throwing stones. I probably deserve it.

I'd still rather win the game and lose my money. But I wouldn't complain about it being a buzzer beater.

We were double digit favorites over BC when St. John's. 7 point favorites over UConn.

This line is bananas off. At best it should be pick'em.
Cuse shouldn't be laying points to Pitt with this year's team.

Not gonna lie. I put money on Pitt +3.5. I will only bet against Cuse when they are favored and I can technically win the bet and we can win the game.

I'd still rather win the game and lose my money. But I wouldn't complain about it being a buzzer beater.

Bet against us more often.

We win by double digits and the national championship talk commences. JB is a genius again and his move to go to a 6 man rotation has changed everything. The team loves each other again. Watch it happen, you heard it here first.
Hey everyone, would just like to toot my own horn here, nothing to see.

Hey everyone, would just like to toot my own horn here, nothing to see.
Toot it after the game is actually over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom