'Cuse Recruitment gets C+ from Recruiting Nation and ESPN Insider | Syracusefan.com

'Cuse Recruitment gets C+ from Recruiting Nation and ESPN Insider

arbitragegls

All Conference
'Cuse comes in with a C+ from Recruiting Nation and ESPN INsider. Interestingly, article indicates Rutgers with a B- was best recruiting class in BE with Louisville, Pitt and Cincy also graded at B-. Other teams with C+ include WVU and South Fl. Bringing up the rear is Uconn with a C. NOTE: OUR SCORE IS IN MIDDLE OF ACC and better than BC, Wake Forest, and Duke...and same as NCSTATE, UNC, GT, and Maryland...I would say we did okay:

183.gif
grade_cplus.jpg
Syracuse Orange

Top prospect: Safety Wayne Morgan (Brooklyn, N.Y./Erasmus) is the top-rated defensive player in the state and a great overall athlete who should help immediately.

Breakdown: This class lacks ESPNU 150 talent and isn't very deep, but has some quality football players. Three-star guards Kyle Knapp from Portage (Mich.) Central and Jason Emerich from Schuylkill Haven (Pa.) Blue Mountain will bolster the offensive line, while Josh Manley (Milton, Ga./Milton) -- a powerful defender who will likely develop at defensive end for Syracuse -- will help on the defensive front. Tight end was another position coach Doug Marrone focused on as the Orange signed two three-star prospects in Ron Thompson from Southfield (Mich.) High and Joshua Parris from Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson. Both are good pass-catchers but no game changers were signed at receiver, which we thought was a need.

Hard to take this too serious when they open with Morgan being a safety.

Hard to take this too serious when they open with Morgan being a safety.
Why? This board's commit list has him as a FS, Scout lists him as a S, Rivals lists him as a DB. SUA site lists him as a DB who is "the No. 11 Safety nationally by ESPN."

Pure silliness.

The NFL has a combine because they aren't sure how good guys are after watching 40+ college games on tape and in person,

High school recruiting analysts give kids grades and have never watched a game. It's pure poppycock.

I'd give it a B, but a C+ is not totally unfair relatively speaking when compared to what others got. If they had given us an A, people would be doing cartwheels and the fact of the matter is, the grade, whether it be a C+, B, or A+ isn't going to change how they play for us.

What' Boise State get? and how about the last 4 years?

Just a question, but how does a school that has the 24th best class according to (Scout, I think), get a B-? And the difference between them and SU was 25-29 spots, and that is the difference between a B- and a C+? Getting a C+ for a class that's just about the middle of the 120 D1 schools, that seems right. But a B- for a class that beats 80% of all D1 schools seems like a harsh ranking.

And I'm a bit jealous of it.

Kev

C + or bordeline B - seems about correct. I think a few other BE teams should be solid B's of not B +'s though.

I'd say our recruiting the last 3 years went from C - to C to C+ though so we've got that going for us.

If the goal of this class was to fill immediate, glaring needs.
Got to give it A-. ( A JUCO CB would been nice.)
Enough here on D front, overall two deep, and specials to get to a bowl

Big picture:
Oline,D front, TE gets quality numbers.
IF he is accurate, Broyld could be singular talent.
*Many more LB's and DB's would have helped.
Give it a solid B.

Won't know how anyone's class (really) pans out until these guys actually hit the field someday. There are usually 2-4 guys for each class (every team) that never make it all the way through. It's great that all that is what it says on paper. I for one could care less.

Keep the talent coming. Keep moving forward. Better days are ahead.

Go orange! Let's ramp up and take it to the ACC!

Not to nuthug. But if Rutgers the 23rd ranked class in College Football. With a 5star athlete is a B-. Then the rating system is incorrect. As much as I like Marrone's haul for what he has to work with. (extremely crappy out of date facilities). I'd give Rutgers an A-... A

Not to nuthug. But if Rutgers the 23rd ranked class in College Football. With a 5star athlete is a B-. Then the rating system is incorrect. As much as I like Marrone's haul for what he has to work with. (extremely crappy out of date facilities). I'd give Rutgers an A-... A

you're mixing and matching services. the service that gave them a b- did not have them in the top 30.

I don't care about grades and I don't care when they grade the basketball team as well. It's stuff for fans and people who want to debate who they assume did better but if SU gets a certain amount of players that make an impact that they need to improve than the class has been a success. Who knows if one of the speedy db's will end up at wr or even rb...might grow into a lb for all we know. It's looks to me that SU recruited guys that could move to a few positions and with this class I see some very good sized faster players and this will give this staff more choices along with pushing the upperclassmen as well which makes the whole team better.

Who cares about our rankings against the Big East, we should be looking forward at the ACC.

'Cuse comes in with a C+ from Recruiting Nation and ESPN INsider. Interestingly, article indicates Rutgers with a B- was best recruiting class in BE with Louisville, Pitt and Cincy also graded at B-. Other teams with C+ include WVU and South Fl. Bringing up the rear is Uconn with a C. NOTE: OUR SCORE IS IN MIDDLE OF ACC and better than BC, Wake Forest, and Duke...and same as NCSTATE, UNC, GT, and Maryland...I would say we did okay:

183.gif
grade_cplus.jpg
Syracuse Orange

Top prospect: Safety Wayne Morgan (Brooklyn, N.Y./Erasmus) is the top-rated defensive player in the state and a great overall athlete who should help immediately.

Breakdown: This class lacks ESPNU 150 talent and isn't very deep, but has some quality football players. Three-star guards Kyle Knapp from Portage (Mich.) Central and Jason Emerich from Schuylkill Haven (Pa.) Blue Mountain will bolster the offensive line, while Josh Manley (Milton, Ga./Milton) -- a powerful defender who will likely develop at defensive end for Syracuse -- will help on the defensive front. Tight end was another position coach Doug Marrone focused on as the Orange signed two three-star prospects in Ron Thompson from Southfield (Mich.) High and Joshua Parris from Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson. Both are good pass-catchers but no game changers were signed at receiver, which we thought was a need.

ESPN is fixated on their top 150.