Cuse To Start Defense In 3-4 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse To Start Defense In 3-4

I can't fathom why you would change the front for a team that wants to run the ball up the gut. You have to have 4 DL on the line (IMO) so that you can stop the offensive lineman from getting to the 2nd level. Georgia Tech is making it look way too easy right now and getting everything they want.

I just think the 3-4 takes away our biggest strength on the front-line (our DT's size and ability to hold the LOS).

[q="rosconey, post: 780315, member: 1396"]i hope they didnt over think this game-[/quote]

It's pretty clear that you got it right - the SU coaches over thought this game.

[qte="orangenauburn, post: 780322, member: 169"]Thanks for tipping off GT cohen

I was hoping for more okie[/quote]

I'm sure that at 12:20 pm right at KO Ga Tech was not following Mike's tweet.

And I'm sure that Tech saw immediately what SU was doing.

I know we did while watching from the ten yard line.

It looked more like a 0-0 defense. I am really starting to have my doubts about this staff regarding their game planning abilities.

And we should have switched to the 9-2 defense after 1st series.

That wasn't SU 's defense Most if the time the players were standing around looking confused they couldn't be aggressive. It was a terrible coaching decision to use that scheme. It gave SU no chance to win the game it made good players look inept.

I don't want to put this on the coaches because it is the players that are on the field that have to make the plays. But I don't understand when you know what the other team is going to run, it can't be stopped. Not sure they passed the ball at all in the first half except for the pass from the running back.Was their personnel that much better than ours?

I don't want to put this on the coaches because it is the players that are on the field that have to make the plays. But I don't understand when you know what the other team is going to run, it can't be stopped. Not sure they passed the ball at all in the first half except for the pass from the running back.Was their personnel that much better than ours?
You have to put your players in position to make plays though. They had no chance. Due to the 3-4 look Ga Tech got crazy line push and we got no penetration in the gaps. What were they thinking!? It's like the watched film on how to stop triple option and did the complete opposite (I'm not even trying to be funny, that's what it looked like). Anyone's who's played football knows this scheme was doomed from the start. Doesn't matter how good our players are, that scheme handicapped our strengths against a team that plays to them.