Cuse Top 25? | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Top 25?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Realistically I think we end up around 30th (RVs)...but I really think they are currently a Top 25 team. If you lined us up with every BE team on a neutral field...I think we would go 7-1 or 8-0. I doubt any other team to include Louisville or Cincy would do that.

I think we are the 2nd best team in the ACC right now (unless Clemson surprises today).

Nope, no ranking because that would mean these voters actually looked at the whole resume instead of just wins.

if you look at the top 25 once you get past FSU I think we can play with anyone.

would be pretty sweet if a poll had us in the top 25, be nice to see that again and another notch to hang on our belt after an excellent and exciting second half to the season. No doubt we are playing like a top 20 team, and too bad we couldn't keep playing we would be a tough out for anyone. I've seen a couple posts that our defense will be less than average next year. I think our defense will be better, we lose the shark which hurts the most, but with mostly the entire D coming back and sprinkle in raymon, and a more experienced jones/mpb and our corners I feel great. I love Shafers scheme and think it will translate well in the ACC.

hard to know if we will be worse on D because we will be playing so many unknown teams. if we are decent we could look great because so many offenses in the ACC are avg and have QB issues. if we stay up tempo and have qb issues that puts a lot of stress on our D as well. but I think we will be better if we just get consistent dline play

North Carolina is very talented, not quite the student athletes but a very talented team. If they are not on probation they might be the best team next year.

i think a lot of ACC D's outside FSU and maybe Clemson are average at best. Makes the Os look a lot better and therefore the ACC tends to have higher scoring games.

North Carolina is very talented, not quite the student athletes but a very talented team. If they are not on probation they might be the best team next year.
They have plenty of independent study courses to make up for the student part... That said, Fedora appears to have them rolling in the right direction.

The media have recognized our tough OOC this season and often credited Syracuse with being better than our record. Most writers agree we are better than every Big East team with possible exceptions of Cincy and Louisville. Even many rutgers fans are admitting they could not beat us now. That said, we get votes, possibly enough to crack the top 25. I think we are the highest ranked Big East team regardless, unless Louisville beats Florida soundly.

hard to know if we will be worse on D because we will be playing so many unknown teams. if we are decent we could look great because so many offenses in the ACC are avg and have QB issues. if we stay up tempo and have qb issues that puts a lot of stress on our D as well. but I think we will be better if we just get consistent dline play

Seems to me that we have a lot of guys back on defense.

Defensive Linemen: Jay Bromley, Eric Crume, Pierce-Brewster, Donnie Simmons, Micah Robinson, Zian Jones
Linebackers: Marquis Spruill, Dyshawn Davis, Cam Lynch, Llewellyn Coker, Ollie Vigille
Secondary: Keon Lyn, Brandon Reddish, Durrell Eskridge, Ritchie Desir, Jaston George

And that's not counting a lot of young big bodies that we have picked up, nor the JUCOs, some of whom are expected to make a big impact. The secondary is pretty young, but these guys have size and speed. No more 5-7 guys playing CB.

To me, that looks like enough to work with to fashion a pretty good defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom