Cuse We Can | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse We Can

I think some among Williams, Wesleyan, Amherst are no longer participating.

Williams is #1, Amherst #2 and Wesleyan #17 in the current USNews rankings of "National Libersal Arts Colleges".

... let's have a discussion on what we, as fans, can do to improve the quality of Syracuse sports..
The most basic thing fans can do is get behind the team and make the home arena a difficult place for opponents to play.

Duke fans do it with intensity and creativity. Sometimes brilliant...like the time NC State came into Cameron with a player who recently had been accused of mugging a pizza delivery guy.
During warmups the students had a pizza delivered to him on the court.

For whatever reason, neither fans nor the athletic department want to latch on to great ideas.
Even simple chants.

John Wallace gave us one that went nowhere after 1996: "Cuse in the house,Oh my God, Oh my God."
Imagine if half the Dome started chanting "Cuse in the House"
Then the other half came in with"Oh my God, Oh my God."
Then the entire building with "Cuse in the house, oh my God!"

Or a chant when the Orange have to dig in on defense, "Shut It Down! Shut It Down! Shut It Down!"
Imagine the Dome rocking to that and the lift it can give players.

But it doesn't happen.
No leadership? No one cares? No sense of great chants?
Who knows?!

Williams is #1, Amherst #2 and Wesleyan #17 in the current USNews rankings of "National Libersal Arts Colleges".
I may have mixed up the elite NE colleges. Smith and Radcliffe, maybe?

The most basic thing fans can do is get behind the team and make the home arena a difficult place for opponents to play.

Duke fans do it with intensity and creativity. Sometimes brilliant...like the time NC State came into Cameron with a player who recently had been accused of mugging a pizza delivery guy.
During warmups the students had a pizza delivered to him on the court.

For whatever reason, neither fans nor the athletic department want to latch on to great ideas.
Even simple chants.

John Wallace gave us one that went nowhere after 1996: "Cuse in the house,Oh my God, Oh my God."
Imagine if half the Dome started chanting "Cuse in the House"
Then the other half came in with"Oh my God, Oh my God."
Then the entire building with "Cuse in the house, oh my God!"

Or a chant when the Orange have to dig in on defense, "Shut It Down! Shut It Down! Shut It Down!"
Imagine the Dome rocking to that and the lift it can give players.

But it doesn't happen.
No leadership? No one cares? No sense of great chants?
Who knows?!

I used "Get the Rock! We NEED the Rock!" and just "Defense, Defense DEEEEFENCE!!!"

Occasionally I slip and use football's "Push 'em back... push 'em back...WWAAYYY Back!" but I don't; really want them to do that. that would be a foul.

Last edited:
Perhaps, working with alumni groups that are all along the ACC map to come up with creative ways to publicize our presence in the ACC will demonstrate, to potential recruits the presence of Syracuse University in their communities.

Having alumni groups send representatives to work booths at College Nights; in ACC communities.

Syracuse University should pay the money and get a couple of top recruiters for football and basketball...for a change.

They had one in Hopkins and fumbled that away.

I'm not sure if it was a fumble or a punt, but I agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom