Cuseman78, a couple of questions | Syracusefan.com

Cuseman78, a couple of questions

D

dash-30-dash

first, as an aside, did you grad in '78? I did is why I ask. Second, since you seem upset that anyone would question Marrone's coaching, did you think we were a well coached team today? Do you think we have been a well coached team this season. Are you convinced that Doug has the team moving in the right direction and is the right guy to bring this team back to wheer we all want it to be?

Born in '78, graduated in 2000. And I think I addressed your questions in your other post. What were your thoughts of Marrone after the Bowl win last year? What was your predicted victory total coming into this year?

And of course I like Marrone, I think he's done a very good job. What were your thoughts 2 short weeks ago? If we rip off 3 wins to end the season, what will your thoughts be? I guess I'm trying to say that I like to take a macro view of the program after the year. I expected 7 wins this year. I will judge Marrone after the year (and of course I'm not happy with the loss -- it sucks)

I like to look long term. Maybe it was just me but the win against K State didn't do that much for me. I was glad we won it. Actually, I was happier we were actually playing in it. I was happy because it allowed us a couple of extra weeks of practice and for recruiting. As for what my thoughts on doug were, happy when he came in because I like syracuse guys and hope they love the school as much as i do and that alone should help them do their job a little better. But way earlier this year, I started to get a vibe that I didn't like. I wrote about it here. Many jumped down my neck about it. I expected 7 regular season wins this year. Look, I know you need players to win but we are a boring offense which our opponents seem to know what we are going to do before we do it. I want marrone to be successful. But I have to admit, right now I am concerned.

I like to look long term. Maybe it was just me but the win against K State didn't do that much for me. I was glad we won it. Actually, I was happier we were actually playing in it. I was happy because it allowed us a couple of extra weeks of practice and for recruiting. As for what my thoughts on doug were, happy when he came in because I like syracuse guys and hope they love the school as much as i do and that alone should help them do their job a little better. But way earlier this year, I started to get a vibe that I didn't like. I wrote about it here. Many jumped down my neck about it. I expected 7 regular season wins this year. Look, I know you need players to win but we are a boring offense which our opponents seem to know what we are going to do before we do it. I want marrone to be successful. But I have to admit, right now I am concerned.

If we win 7 games this year, and we hit your expectations (and mine, by the way), are you going to look back on this thread and figure that you may have overreacted? I think its just the nature of this board (and all message boards) to overreact both positively and negatively to wins/losses.

If you think Marrone isn't the answer, thats absolutely fair. I personally think we couldn't have a better fit (for the here and now). I have no idea (not enough info yet) if he is the answer for the long term but I'm glad we have a steadying force after the nonsense that was the mid 2000s. I will go to the next game, and hope to get bowl eligible. The season isn't over. If we win next weekend, this board will do a 180 in a heartbeat. I guess that's my overall point.

I expect to win next friday. Really do. The last two, not so much. maybe that is why I am so upset. I expected 7 wins this year and UConn and Rutgers were counted as two of them. And no, I won't look back and say I overreacted. Because...I am not saying he should be fired. Quite frankly, that would make us look ridiculous. I am saying that I have not been impressed and have been actually concerned after what I have watched. As for waht you watched in the 2000's, please don't let that sway you. Anyone we would have hired short of Locksley or Sandusky, would make us feel better then the g-rob years.

I expect to win next friday. Really do. The last two, not so much. maybe that is why I am so upset. I expected 7 wins this year and UConn and Rutgers were counted as two of them. And no, I won't look back and say I overreacted. Because...I am not saying he should be fired. Quite frankly, that would make us look ridiculous. I am saying that I have not been impressed and have been actually concerned after what I have watched. As for waht you watched in the 2000's, please don't let that sway you. Anyone we would have hired short of Locksley or Sandusky, would make us feel better then the g-rob years.

How about Turner Gill? Would you be OK with him?

And we will be fine -- you will see. But up until that point that we "turn the corner", we are going to lose some that we think we should win and vice versa. I think we'll win 2 of the next 3 to get to 7 victories (win the next 2 home games).

I don't see it but I hope you are right. I don't see us beating Pitt or Cinn. I will be happy with just USF at this point. I didn't want Gill. Didn't want HCRE either. Didn't think they were the long term answer.

I don't see it but I hope you are right. I don't see us beating Pitt or Cinn. I will be happy with just USF at this point. I didn't want Gill. Didn't want HCRE either. Didn't think they were the long term answer.

I actually think Cincy is the best matchup for us the rest of the way. Plus we will have two weeks to prepare.

I actually think Cincy is the best matchup for us the rest of the way. Plus we will have two weeks to prepare.

Agreed. Lets look at Dougie's track record so far. He's been hit or miss in conference against specific teams

Pros
WVU (2 of 3)
Rutgers (2 of 3)

Cons
Uconn
Lville
Pitt

Toss-ups
USF (1-1)
Cincy (1-1)

Hopefully we win both of the toss-ups because we won't win at Pitt

Forum statistics