Cusetroop and Jarhead???? | Syracusefan.com

Cusetroop and Jarhead????

Forza Azzurri

All American
upload_2017-2-10_15-32-41.png

Of all the dumb as hell things I've done in my younger years, I'm kind of surprised I never did the tow a couch behind an atv and then go though a McDonald's drive-thru trick. These guys should be praised for wearing helmets. You can never be too careful, particularly if you're riding a couch.

The only thing that would have made this story any better is if it were Syracuse men going through a TacoBell to get their free taco from a Syracuse Basketball game.

In high school I had a Honda Civic wagon. We'd roll out for lunch, inhale a substance, hit the mcdonalds for some dollar menu and cruise through town looking for free stuff on the side of the road. We had duct tape and some good rope, anything we found would get strapped to the top of my car. Couches, chairs, a treadmill once. Then we'd roll back to school, right passed the huge windows in the cafeteria, with people chilling on a couch, on the roof of my car.

A couple years ago I ran into a kid I went to school with. He told me "the greatest memory I have of high school, is being stuck at a red light after school, and watching you jump out of your car, and run on the treadmill strapped to the roof of the car until the light turned green"

The treadmill didn't last the day though. On my way home I was cut off by a tractor (tractor going like 10mph in a passing lane, so I went around him. Without looking, he started making a left hand turn). Ol troop did some fancy maneuvering, in and out of the ditch, but the treadmill landed on the other side of the ditch in pieces.

I never knew until I was older how much it used to p!ss my old man off, when I'd pull in the driveway with something stupid strapped to my car. He was even more p!ssed when he found out about the crop circles I made around the finger lakes.

In high school I had a Honda Civic wagon. We'd roll out for lunch, inhale a substance, hit the mcdonalds for some dollar menu and cruise through town looking for free stuff on the side of the road. We had duct tape and some good rope, anything we found would get strapped to the top of my car. Couches, chairs, a treadmill once. Then we'd roll back to school, right passed the huge windows in the cafeteria, with people chilling on a couch, on the roof of my car.

A couple years ago I ran into a kid I went to school with. He told me "the greatest memory I have of high school, is being stuck at a red light after school, and watching you jump out of your car, and run on the treadmill strapped to the roof of the car until the light turned green"

The treadmill didn't last the day though. On my way home I was cut off by a tractor (tractor going like 10mph in a passing lane, so I went around him. Without looking, he started making a left hand turn). Ol troop did some fancy maneuvering, in and out of the ditch, but the treadmill landed on the other side of the ditch in pieces.

I never knew until I was older how much it used to p!ss my old man off, when I'd pull in the driveway with something stupid strapped to my car. He was even more p!ssed when he found out about the crop circles I made around the finger lakes.
Just...just...EPIC. You sir are a board treasure.

I had a more urban childhood gig. WE made life size dummies, fully clothed. First use was to throw them off the roof of tall apartment buildings when people were in the courtyard. We eventually graduated to finding cliffs alongside of suburban secondary roads. Yes, we did it, throwing the dummies off the cliffs in front of oncoming cars. Boys will be boys, but those kinds end up in the Great Land where they have more elbow room to play.

I'm just thankful their were no camera phones when I was in my teens and early 20's!!

I really don't like the prospects of getting older, but I can't tell you how thankful I am that I gained a reasonable modicum of maturity before the advent of the internet, social networking and the iphone. If I were a kid today I would have a prison record rather than a college diploma.

I really don't like the prospects of getting older, but I can't tell you how thankful I am that I gained a reasonable modicum of maturity before the advent of the internet, social networking and the iphone. If I were a kid today I would have a prison record rather than a college diploma.

Ditto.
I've got a bunch of GREAT stories, with zero video evidence. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom