CuseTroop this one is for you | Syracusefan.com

CuseTroop this one is for you

That's what I'm talking about. Great beers come out of the Alaskan Brewing Company.. I'm a fan if the Alaskan white myself. I'd love to get down there and tour the brewery, that's AlaskaSU's neck of the woods. We have a few smaller breweries up here around Fairbanks, 49th state brewery is a must stop for anyone visiting Alaska.

That's what I'm talking about. Great beers come out of the Alaskan Brewing Company.. I'm a fan if the Alaskan white myself. I'd love to get down there and tour the brewery, that's AlaskaSU's neck of the woods. We have a few smaller breweries up here around Fairbanks, 49th state brewery is a must stop for anyone visiting Alaska.
Racist.

Plus real fish, 1,000 lb bears, golfing under summer skies that hardly get dark, and women that wear dresses and rubber boots at the same time.

Plus real fish, 1,000 lb bears, golfing under summer skies that hardly get dark, and women that wear dresses and rubber boots at the same time.

Yea buddy.

Have you ever seen Timothy Treadwells documentary? Kind of random question.
I never have. A buddy of mine has talked about him a good amount. I just brushed up on his wiki page. I'm all about being outdoors and enjoying what this great state has to offer but living with bears is a little nuts. It was scary enough hunting them this fall, hearing them in the distance, smelling them. Its very easy to die up here if you dont respect the wildlife. I'll check out the documentary tho.

I never have. A buddy of mine has talked about him a good amount. I just brushed up on his wiki page. I'm all about being outdoors and enjoying what this great state has to offer but living with bears is a little nuts. It was scary enough hunting them this fall, hearing them in the distance, smelling them. Its very easy to die up here if you dont respect the wildlife. I'll check out the documentary tho.
It's really good.

Wasnt he the guy who literally lived with bears with his girlfriend then got mauled?

Wasnt he the guy who literally lived with bears with his girlfriend then got mauled?
Yes I believe the bear that killed them happened to be one of the bears released from the circus. Kind of strange.

It's really good.

I have a buddy Rudy. 67 year old native guy, born and raised in a little village on the Yukon River. The bear stories he has are out of control lol. Someday over beers, I'll tell you guys about the time he had 3 black bears living in his house lol.

I can't imagine.. I've been in a lot of scary situations in my life, but walking outside at midnight, pitch black out, to check the moose that we had hanging and hearing a bear growl in the bushes... yea, top 3 scariest moment of my life.

I have a buddy Rudy. 67 year old native guy, born and raised in a little village on the Yukon River. The bear stories he has are out of control lol. Someday over beers, I'll tell you guys about the time he had 3 black bears living in his house lol.

What?

I can't imagine.. I've been in a lot of scary situations in my life, but walking outside at midnight, pitch black out, to check the moose that we had hanging and hearing a bear growl in the bushes... yea, top 3 scariest moment of my life.

Jesus...that is nuts.

A few of my college buddies and I went camping up to Long Lake...hell probably 20 years ago. Rented a boat...drove it a few miles into the lake and literally just camped right in the land in a random cove. We did the usual hoist the food into trees, clean up after ourselves, etc. Well in the middle of the night as I was sleeping (or trying to sleep) I heard a noise outside my tent. I quietly unzipped the flap in my tent and looked out. I could make out something pawing at the tree and trying to reach something. I then made the mistake (I was like 15 beers deep as well so not thinking straight) of flashing a flashlight right into a black bears eyes. I almost pissed myself as he looked right at me. I freaked, jumped out of the tent (at this point all of us were now awake) and we started grabbing pots and pans and slamming them together. I think one of my buddies actually threw a rock at it (real smart I know). It eventually went back into the trees.

Needless to say we were up all night and slept most of that next day

What?

lol long story. Ended up getting one of the bears drunk off home brew, and spent the rest of the new years party standing on his counter, fighting "louie" off with a broom handle until he passed out.

lol long story. Ended up getting one of the bears drunk off home brew, and spent the rest of the new years party standing on his counter, fighting "louie" off with a broom handle until he passed out.

Ha...too funny

Ha...too funny

225958_10151434301538452_1661510361_n.jpg

One of the bears we were tracking. My buddy has a decent sized hand.. Rudy said this was "a small bear track"

By the way.. This has to be the 1,056th reason why you idiots need to visit Alaska. Beer. We have lots.

One of the best I ever had was an Alaskan Brewing Company Red on cask that I had at Humpy's in Anchorage. It was a special release and I think it was back in 2001. Awesome.

Best bear story ever. Not one movie can touch this. Please introduce me to Louie one day, unless he's a mean drunk (which he looks to be).
:)