D Keys to beating the Tigers | Syracusefan.com

D Keys to beating the Tigers

kcsu

Living Legend
I believe that Shafer should throw a curve ball and limit the blitz especially in the early part of the game.

I would put a spy on the QB and if he runs punish him. I would also Double Sammy or at a minimum chip him at the line to throw off his timing. Keep everything in front of you take away the pass and make them beat us on the ground. This is a team that likes to play and strike fast. Take that away and make them earn it. Nothing over the top. No Sammy and shadow the QB. Take those two out of the game and make the other players beat us.

I believe that Shafer should throw a curve ball and limit the blitz especially in the early part of the game.

I would put a spy on the QB and if he runs punish him. I would also Double Sammy or at a minimum chip him at the line to throw off his timing. Keep everything in front of you take away the pass and make them beat us on the ground. This is a team that likes to play and strike fast. Take that away and make them earn it. Nothing over the top. No Sammy and shadow the QB. Take those two out of the game and make the other players beat us.

No SU LB is fast enough to take Boyd out of the game - won't work. If you committ the SS, you are going to have single coverage on at least one of the WRs, and a miss match with the Will. We do NOT have shut down corners who can play press coverage on any of the starting Clemsons WRs. The lack of speed in the secondary is going to be exposed...again.

I do think that SU will turn down the blitzing, play cover 2 or 3, and give big cushions to keep plays in front of them. They will not want to give up quick strikes or long plays. Clemson will probably bubble screen, use crossing routes over the LBs and under the Safeties, and combination routes from bunched receiver sets. SU will need to limit YAKs, and hope that they can pressure and get to Boyd with the front 4 and maybe Spruill.

Clemson is going to score a lot of points. Need to make them take time to do it.

The key, imo, will be whether SU's O can keep pace.

Unfortunately, I think we are going see a lot of zone coverage and a bend, don't break defense scheme. We are going to be mindful of the deep play and try to keep everything in front. I would be surprised if we are aggressive with the blitz. Then we will attempt to tighten everything up inside the redzone.

Tackle tackle tackle. We have to wrap up and keep them from getting the extra yards. They exploit YAC better than anyone in the country.

Run fast-Hit hard!

The 1st half of USC last season is exactly how I see them playing this game. We gave nothing big downfield to Barkley and tried to rattle him with pressure. Our corners will need to tackle well; esp on the bubble screens and short passes.

The key to winning this game is hitting hard.

Finish your tackle but make it count. The only way we keep up is with real hard nosed football, none of this crap I've seen lately.

Paging Dyshawn Davis and Spruill...go to work boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom