D'Agostino? | Syracusefan.com

D'Agostino?

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
image.jpg

After the weekends scrimmages this weekend it was confirmed that D'Agostino is again eligible after transferring back to Syracuse from Furman!

I liked the way he played in his freshman year and what I saw at the U19 World Games in Finland, he's a cross between John Lade and Ceglia and I think he has the skills to play straight Defence or LSM. He has practiced with the team all fall and I think that you will see much more of him since being cleared, I think he will figure in Deskos plans!

My thoughts are that he will start at straight, he knows the system, he's quick and can cover any size attackman and match up well, he is tough and plays very good position Defense! What's everyone's thoughts on him being back and where he will play this season?

Good luck for the year Ralph!

Brandon Mullins seem to be the only set in stone starter. It seems like Sean Young is not a definite based on what I have read. According to inside lacrosse Young sat out until the third frame of the Bucknell scrimmage. I haven't seen any of the scrimmages. Has Jay McDermott played well? As solid as our attack seems it appears that there are a lot of questions on defense.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about Young. He played most of the scrimmage against Towson. No problem with him getting a half off vs Bucknell.

Brandon Mullins seem to be the only set in stone starter. It seems like Sean Young is not a definite based on what I have read. According to inside lacrosse Young sat out until the third frame of the Bucknell scrimmage. I haven't seen any of the scrimmages. Has Jay McDermott played well? As solid as our attack seems it appears that there are a lot of questions on defense.

Young will be a starter and isn't likely to come off the field much. He is our best crease defender by far. Sounds like Palasek may finally be ready to take that next step forward. McDermott and Tait have struggled with consistency I dont see them as the long term answers.

Young will be a starter and isn't likely to come off the field much. He is our best crease defender by far. Sounds like Palasek may finally be ready to take that next step forward. McDermott and Tait have struggled with consistency I dont see them as the long term answers.

Thanks. I assumed Young was a likely starter. Yet I was wondering if there was some kind of injury concern that led to limited minutes in the scrimmage against Bucknell.

McDermott did replace Matt Harris in some games last season so I thought he might have the upper hand on the third post defense spot battle. Yet WoodyUK makes a good point about D'Agostino as another viable option.

I was really impressed Drew Jenkins improvement last season. Has another player stepped up on the defensive midfield in the scrimmages?

Thanks. I assumed Young was a likely starter. Yet I was wondering if there was some kind of injury concern that led to limited minutes in the scrimmage against Bucknell.

McDermott did replace Matt Harris in some games last season so I thought he might have the upper hand on the third post defense spot battle. Yet WoodyUK makes a good point about D'Agostino as another viable option.

I was really impressed Drew Jenkins improvement last season. Has another player stepped up on the defensive midfield in the scrimmages?

I think ultimately the Staff may bump Firman down, he was outstanding last year as a Frosh and he appears to be a star in the making. If not him between D'agostino and Palasek I think one of them will step forward, Palasek seems like a great candidate to finally break out.

As far as SSDM Jenkins really put it all together as a Senior in the second half of the year. Only downside was that it took him 3 1/2 years to show the kind of player I think the staff thought he could be. I was impressed though with how he played in the second half of the year, he looked like our best SSDM. Grimm has looked decent the past few years I think if anyone is going to take that next step its him.

I think ultimately the Staff may bump Firman down, he was outstanding last year as a Frosh and he appears to be a star in the making. If not him between D'agostino and Palasek I think one of them will step forward, Palasek seems like a great candidate to finally break out.

As far as SSDM Jenkins really put it all together as a Senior in the second half of the year. Only downside was that it took him 3 1/2 years to show the kind of player I think the staff thought he could be. I was impressed though with how he played in the second half of the year, he looked like our best SSDM. Grimm has looked decent the past few years I think if anyone is going to take that next step its him.

Interesting thought on Firman. The long stick midfield is a pride position at Syracuse with alumni like Abbott, Marshall Abrams, etc., I am forgetting some of them. It is great when we have a guy up there who is athletic and able to move things on the break. I kind of hope they keep Firman in that position. Maybe they could stick with Maccarthey at LSM.

Good call on Grimm. Perhaps there are some young athletes who will step up at the SSDM spots. I kind of like how Desko put Jordan Evans in the mix last year. Maybe he will use a similar approach this season.

Can't believe the first game is only three short days away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom