Dajuan and Tyler interviews | Syracusefan.com

Dajuan and Tyler interviews

Both of those articles made me sad, for different reasons. Very nice tributes though. I still marvel at the hard work / unbelievably dedicated, team first attitude Coleman has shown throughout his career. And we never go on last year's run with Roberson suddenly emulating Dennis Rodman in the NCAAs.

I hope both get huge standing ovations on Saturday.

I enjoyed both articles as well but I would have enjoyed a question about their relationship with coach. Obviously there is a small chance that it plays out but you might get a surprise response that would be interesting.

Roberson overall has been very disappointing on the court, but (and it's a very big but) he was a huge part of our f4 run last year, he should always be remembered and celebrated for that. Maybe he has 1 more great stretch left in him.

I think in this day and age of guys going pro early, it's going to be rare that we have seniors that haven't had their ups and downs on the court. But from everything I have heard, both Dajuan and Tyler have represented us well off the court and as teammates. You couldn't ask for more support than Dajuan provides on the bench. Dajuan has already graduated and the article says Tyler is on track. Considering all that, I hope they get huge ovations on Saturday.

Both of those articles made me sad, for different reasons. Very nice tributes though. I still marvel at the hard work / unbelievably dedicated, team first attitude Coleman has shown throughout his career. And we never go on last year's run with Roberson suddenly emulating Dennis Rodman in the NCAAs.

I hope both get huge standing ovations on Saturday.
Good kids whose careers unfortunately are not ending in storybook fashion. I think both have taken their relative lack of playing time well.

Glad to hear TRob is on track to graduate. DC2 was not a good student in HS and has had to work really hard to pass college level course work. That he graduated is impressive. That he is hoping to complete a graduate level degree over the summer is unbelieveable. If I was a parent to either, I would be incredibly proud.

Heck, I am proud of them just being a fan of the team. I look forward to clapping as long and as loud as I can when their names are called Saturday...

Last edited:
Good kids whose careers unfortunately are not ending in storybook fashion. I think both have taken their relative lack of playing time well.

Glad to hear TRob is on track to graduate. DC2 was not a good student in HS and has had to work really hard to pass college level course work. That he graduated is impressive. That he is hoping to complete a graduate level degree over the summer is unbelieveable. If I were one of his parents, I would be incredibly proud of both of these guys.

Heck, I am proud of them just being a fan of the team. I look forward to clapping as long and as loud as I can when their names are called Saturday...

Very nicely stated, Tom.

upload_2017-3-2_12-43-4.png

The above answer by DC is some real talk

Roberson's story isn't over. Kid performs in March and saturday we're gonna punch our ticket.

I'm glad they do these but with Roberson there was no questions about his relationship with JB and the coaching staff in general and how he feels about everything. No asking the direct questions everyone wants to know just fluffy crap. Classic Donna.

I'm surprised frankly Robey is still plugged into the game of basketball and the idea of pursuing it more beyond school. I guess his demeanor on the court isn't necessarily a true indicator of his emotional state and/or passion for the game.

I'm sure it must be tough for him. It seems like he worked hard all summer with a trainer shooting jumpers, trying to expand his game, etc., but it just hasn't worked out. He striked me always as a kid who would have tons of interests (employable) outside of hoops. Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. Basketball just looks awkward for him. I always had a soft spot for him. Congrats to both he and DaJuan.

I'm glad they do these but with Roberson there was no questions about his relationship with JB and the coaching staff in general and how he feels about everything. No asking the direct questions everyone wants to know just fluffy crap. Classic Donna.

How do you know it wasn't asked and the decision was made it was best the response not be included?

How do you know it wasn't asked and the decision was made it was best the response not be included?
lol the drama queens here...

Not classic Donna. She's written controversial stories before.

These are always puff pieces. No matter who does them.

Glad to hear TRob is on track to graduate. DC2 was not a good student in HS and has had to work really hard to pass college level course work. That he graduated is impressive. That he is hoping to complete a graduate level degree over the summer is unbelieveable. If I was a parent to either, I would be incredibly proud.

One of the things that turned DC off regarding Kentucky was that they did not expect him to be a student, at all. He was insulted by that. I know someone who worked with him intimately to get him on a good academic path in high school.
I echo Tom's sentiments that his achievements in particular are laudable.

Do people think Coleman is going to try to play professionally somewhere or use that Grad degree?

Do people think Coleman is going to try to play professionally somewhere or use that Grad degree?

Both. He'd be foolish not to at least explore if getting paid to play is a viable option. If Kristof and Baye can earn a paycheck playing professional ball overseas, Coleman should be able to [provided his body holds up].

He's only got a short window for a professional career, after which the master's degree will serve him well later in life. Although the hoops part might not have worked out for him exactly as he'd hoped, he did maximize his educational opportunities.

And now that I think about it, maybe it didn't work out so bad, after all -- kid was a part of two final four teams.

Both, but he'd be foolish not to at least explore if getting paid to play is a viable option. If Kristof and Baye can earn a paycheck playing professional ball overseas, Coleman should be able to [provided his body holds up].

He's only got a short window for a professional career, after which the master's degree will serve him well later in life. Although the hoops part might not have worked out for him exactly as he'd hoped, he did maximize his educational opportunities.

And now that I think about it, maybe it didn't work out so bad, after all -- kid was a part of two final four teams.
Didn't Brandon Reese play professionally overseas for at least a year? I'm sure DaJuan can latch on somewhere. Many leagues put a high premium on former American college players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom