Dajuan and Tyler interviews | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dajuan and Tyler interviews

Both. He'd be foolish not to at least explore if getting paid to play is a viable option. If Kristof and Baye can earn a paycheck playing professional ball overseas, Coleman should be able to [provided his body holds up].

He's only got a short window for a professional career, after which the master's degree will serve him well later in life. Although the hoops part might not have worked out for him exactly as he'd hoped, he did maximize his educational opportunities.

And now that I think about it, maybe it didn't work out so bad, after all -- kid was a part of two final four teams.
The big "if" is whether he can stay healthy. But I suppose someone will take a chance on him.

A drama queen because I'm familiar with the concept of a reporter trying to make a pre-senior day interview positive?
Why would she need to "try to make it positive"? You really think Roberson is the type of guy who would trash his head coach to anyone, much less the local newspaper?

Why would she need to "try to make it positive"? You really think Roberson is the type of guy who would trash his head coach to anyone, much less the local newspaper?

By all accounts Roberson is a great kid. Never did I say he trashed his head coach to her, he is too classy of a kid too speak poorly of anyone in the program to the media or in a public forum. Was more referring to a response that was potentially lukewarm or not an over the top warm and fuzzy monologue so she just left it out.

It's ok, you can take your cape off and take a deep breath.

I'm surprised frankly Robey is still plugged into the game of basketball and the idea of pursuing it more beyond school. I guess his demeanor on the court isn't necessarily a true indicator of his emotional state and/or passion for the game.

I'm sure it must be tough for him. It seems like he worked hard all summer with a trainer shooting jumpers, trying to expand his game, etc., but it just hasn't worked out. He striked me always as a kid who would have tons of interests (employable) outside of hoops. Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. Basketball just looks awkward for him. I always had a soft spot for him. Congrats to both he and DaJuan.

It's very possible for him to love basketball and just hate his situation. I'm guessing he realizes the talent he has and believes that talent will get him somewhere which personally I believe can. We even saw Mookie Watkins get a few cups of coffee in the league and I think Roberson showed more in his time here than Watkins did. Granted there is a size difference which played a part.

I doubt Roberson is sabotaging his season out of spite, but his spirit is shot and I have no doubt that being out of the program can probably boost him up a bit and you may see that double digit rebounding machine come out again which can make him some solid bucks overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom