DaJuan Coleman | Boost Mobile | Syracusefan.com

DaJuan Coleman | Boost Mobile

MadNY3

All American
Some teammates of mine, which include a Former Duke AA and NBA player, were at the Elite 24 in LA last week.

They reported back that D Coleman played pretty damn good, displayed a nice 15' J and how much Boeheim loves the kid. They mentioned how Boeheim isn't quick to love a ton of kids (dont know if true) and basically described him as a better Rick Jackson at the 4. "He's more athletic than people think" was also said by three different people.

Nothing drastically new...other than it amazes me how many people loathe Calipari.

That game was on 208 on direct tv Sunday night. He did look awesome but the game was played out doors with zero defense. It was pretty much the same as watching a and 1 mix tour.

I don't understand why people have such a negative view of a high ranking recruit as so many people here have for DC2. So many people talk about getting the recruits in our backyard as being so important, yet the longer it takes, the more people are down on him.

Is this people's way of mentally bracing themselves for the possibility that a kid might want to get out and see the world for college?

How many people stayed local for college compared with getting away for college? How do you do a poll on here?

I don't understand why people have such a negative view of a high ranking recruit as so many people here have for DC2. So many people talk about getting the recruits in our backyard as being so important, yet the longer it takes, the more people are down on him.

Is this people's way of mentally bracing themselves for the possibility that a kid might want to get out and see the world for college?

How many people stayed local for college compared with getting away for college? How do you do a poll on here?
He's a big time recruit that didn't immediately commit upon exiting his mother's womb and then had the audacity to consider Kentucky.

People have a negative view of him so they can "lessen the blow" if he decides to go elsewhere. It's a defense mechanism. I for one would love DC here at Syracuse. Think he's going to be a great college player.

I have been one to say that I think he is a little overrated, does that mean that I dont want him, not at all I would love to have him here. However, I am not lessoning the blow by giving my opinion of his skills. Really as a lot of other people have said if he comes or not will not make or break this program.

No idea. But Duke dude believes if Boeheim loves a kid in NY, he won't lose him. Not based on anything I believe other than perception.