DaJuan Coleman next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DaJuan Coleman next year

I don't know why he can't be Kennedy Meeks for us. KM averaged 9 and 6 this year in 20 minutes, 11 and 7 last year in 23 minutes.

I've been getting two very different vibes on Chukwu from people that I consider knowledgeable posters (including Jake and Bees) - either he's going to shine as a rim protector or he's a reserve that isn't much better than Keita. Keita was valuable as a reserve, but that's what he was - a reserve who never really improved in the numbers department from freshman to senior (for example, he played 14 mpg as a frosh and 15 mpg as a senior). I don't know what to think.

But Keita was a key part of possibly the best defense ever brought to the NCAA Tournament. Look at the defensive numbers for our 5 games in 2013. It was absolutely sick.

Coleman snagged some pretty good rebounds this tournament...he is clearly showing improvement we just need him to grab some boards and be aggressive down low...

I think our season next year will turn on guard play...if Mali leaves we will really only have Lydon and battle and to be our offensive firepower unless we get a legit transfer who can space the floor out. We need a backup two guard badly.

Eh, his lack of hands was evident in the NC game. How many times in the first half did he have his hands on defensive rebounds and they got away? At least 3 or 4 that I remember. We played very good D against Carolina early on, but we just didn't hold on to enough defensive rebounds, and they seemed to get every loose ball on their offensive end.

But Keita was a key part of possibly the best defense ever brought to the NCAA Tournament. Look at the defensive numbers for our 5 games in 2013. It was absolutely sick.

But do we have the other parts to go with him, or do we need him to be more than Keita in order to achieve the level of success that everyone is expecting?

Six Freshman Centers (per 40 minutes)
Player A (10 mpg)
9.9 TRB 0.6 ast 1.1 steals 2.7 block 7.5 pf 10.7 points

Player B (10 mpg)

7.8 TRB 1.0 ast 1.2 steals 3.1 blocks 7.3 pf 9.4 points

Player C (15 mpg)
10.3 TRB 0.5 ast 1.6 steals 3.4 blocks 5.9 pf 6.0 points

Player D (12 mpg)
10.2 TRB 0.7 ast 1.0 steals 2.8 blocks 5.9 pf 9.6 points

Player E (30 mpg)
8.3 TRB 1.5 ast 1.5 steals 2.4 blocks 3.6 pf 13.4 points

Player F (13 mpg)
12.5 TRB 0.5 ast 1.7 steals 1.2 blocks 3.9 pf 15.0 points

No predictions here, but just that most of these lines are really similar when normalized for 40 minutes. Except Player F, dude could play. Obviously being able to limit personal fouls can be very different. Just comparisons. One of these guys was drafted in the 1st round after his sophomore campaign. One of them posted this line for his senior season (per 40): 9.9 TRB 0.8 ast 1.0 steals 2.4 blocks 6.3 pf 4.7 points.

I don't know why he can't be Kennedy Meeks for us. KM averaged 9 and 6 this year in 20 minutes, 11 and 7 last year in 23 minutes.

I'm not 100% sure he is capable of jumping. Maybe he just doesn't do it out of fear or potential pain. I think he will be solid but I'm not sure he's going have XMas type senior numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom