Dajuan | Syracusefan.com

Dajuan

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Looking forward big time to the emotion hes going to show today, after last game im super excited! Just watching him play could be worth more than winning, well not really but you get my drift.

He's struggled in the paint .. does not finish with authority and gets stripped easily. He will be here for at least another year.

At least another year. He needs to make some adjustments. Big time.

He's struggled in the paint .. does not finish with authority and gets stripped easily. He will be here for at least another year.

He had an awful game--has a tendency to put the ball on the floor to gather himself--needs to think less and just play.

Agree.. you can tell his confidence is a little shaken. Needs to set his feet and go up stronger and faster. Game is still a bit too fast for him but he will get there. The fact that Baye has surprised alongside Cooney and Jerami could contribute as well lessens my concern with Dajuan. His size setting screens is definitely noticeable. Maybe a little more action with the PNR can get him going.

There really should be a moratorium on Dajuan one-and-done talk. He's a ways from being a good college player.

Although it can be annoying to hear "analysts" and "scouts" say so and so player will be leaving your school early to jump to the NBA before a college game is even played...

IMO, it's even MORE annoying to hear that team's fans use a poor performance or two (in the first two games of the season) to conclude that the player is not worthy of such regard & could not possibly improve his play throughout the season to make the scenario possible.

I can't believe how many times DC was stripped on the post. Or just lost the ball. Those were some Freshman Baye Hands. FBH.

He also got fouled at least 2 times on those "strips" and there were no calls.

I can't believe how many times DC was stripped on the post. Or just lost the ball. Those were some Freshman Baye Hands. FBH.

No, freshman and sophomore Baye wouldn't catch the ball. DC's problem isn't catching, it's that he's putting the ball on the ground instead of keeping it high and he isn't using his body to shield the ball.

No, freshman and sophomore Baye wouldn't catch the ball. DC's problem isn't catching, it's that he's putting the ball on the ground instead of keeping it high and he isn't using his body to shield the ball.

Tournament Ricky Hands? or is that the same thing as Baye?

I don't think its a really hard thing to fix.. I also notice that he doesn't always seal his man before going for the shot sometimes and in a way is trying to spin around for a harder shot than going into his man. When he is that far down he needs to go into the body to score. He did an admirable job on the boards, other than sometimes he almost gets too deep into the post not boxing out far enough. Plenty of time to learn.. he will get better. He looks to be in really good shape. I liked him on the wing better than in the middle.

Although it can be annoying to hear "analysts" and "scouts" say so and so player will be leaving your school early to jump to the NBA before a college game is even played...

IMO, it's even MORE annoying to hear that team's fans use a poor performance or two (in the first two games of the season) to conclude that the player is not worthy of such regard & could not possibly improve his play throughout the season to make the scenario possible.
Yes exactly. It doesnt click yet for him and hes not that far off from clicking.

For right now, he has been pitiful on both ends. Surely he can improve, but he has been a shockingly poor player so far given the hype he had coming in.

have to think that if that first shot would have gone in instead of rimming out, on the very first play of the game, he would have had a different game.
seems like confidence and assertiveness are his issues.

For right now, he has been pitiful on both ends. Surely he can improve, but he has been a shockingly poor player so far given the hype he had coming in.

We're two games in and JB is experimenting with different lineups and assessing his players in game situations. It's way too early to draw conclusions about anything we've seen so far, good or bad.

After the SDSU game I saw posts questioning whether Cooney would be the third guard on this team -- I don't expect to see any of that after his game today.

Likewise, as soon as Coleman gets in the flow early and has an impressive game, the posts about him being a disappointment will disappear. And despite his play so far in pretty limited minutes, he has done some nice things and it's not hard to see what's there. I'm willing to wait.

DC2 struggling early (especially when its rimming out and very fixable cthings by coaching liek l\bringing the ball low) is great for us. Its easy to see how much Baye has improved along with Rak, plus Rak can play big minutes at either the 4 or 5 effectively. DC2 will listen to the coaches and his more experienced teammates and blossom when the time is right. He's two games in as a frosh has had about 5 shots rim out that culd have gone and probably has been fouled 4 times in two games that didn't get called. Still he has post moves and good footwork, he never stops and keeps playing hard, he boxes out and rebounds well, he posts up well, he catches passes well and when he gets the ball on a rebound he has strong hands.

What's not to like?
If DC2 is back its a blessing for Orange fans.

Yeah. It almost seems to be a bunny thing. Coleman probably won't enter the Craig-Forth-level-of-hell realm of missed point blank shots.

3 more made bunnies, and some relatively more difficult semi-hooks, and DC has 13 a game. Opponents won't be able to ignore that. His catch/spin/position/shoot thingy is a bit cliche, yeah - but wait he gets his % into Arinze territory.

Prolly won't happen this year - but if it crosses 50%, that guy here who keeps drinking Jack and Cokes in honor of every little trivial SU-related victory will have an exploding liver just in time for Winterfest.

Wait UNTIL

Why the hell do I miss entire words when typing? I don't even drink those little bottles of whatever that Jim Rome pimps.

He hasn't been shockingly poor. Anyone who say him play knew he would take some games to get up to full speed. He's closer than probably ought to have been expected.

have to think that if that first shot would have gone in instead of rimming out, on the very first play of the game, he would have had a different game.
seems like confidence and assertiveness are his issues.
I did like that we went right to him.

He hasn't been shockingly poor. Anyone who say him play knew he would take some games to get up to full speed. He's closer than probably ought to have been expected.

Agreed he is right there just barely miss firing over and over again. Its not like he has been getting the hook at the first stoppage. He has what we want but hasn't put it together yet.

I'm sure he's going to improve. Nobody is declaring his entire future career here. We've seen him play four games, that's virtually nothing. But, the fact is that in those four games he has struggled to hit any kind of shot at all, is a virtually automatic turnover when getting the ball low, and is worse that non-existent on defense at both the wing and center position.

Those are just facts right now. He's got several games to get it together and we have nice depth, so it's fine. But don't act like it is an over-reaction to say he has been terrible so far.

Couldn't agree more. Just like Brandon. They need a sports psychologist at JD.

I think there are going to be a lot of people changing their minds about Brandon this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom