Dakich on leadership | Syracusefan.com

Dakich on leadership

hungrychuck

All Conference
Dan Dakich made some comments last night as his Hoosiers were about to go down to Iowa.

He said there was little hope for IU at this point because they are a coach-led team, not a players-led team.

And if you are a coach-led team at this point in the season, you are in big trouble.

Raised the question: what are we?

And if we are a players-led team, who is/are the player(s) leading us?

Last edited:
Dan Dakich made some comments last night as his Hoosiers were about to go down to Iowa.

He said there was little hope for IU at this point because they are a coach-led team, not a players-led team.

And if you are a coach-led team at this point in the season, you are in big trouble.

It reminds me of a poker playing question, if you can't spot the fish at the table then you are the fish. I don't think we have anybody leading us.

Not really sure but Dan Dakich stinks. Never really liked him and then went on about a 5 minute rant during a non-duke broadcast about how much the nation overreacted about Grayson Allen

FWIW I do believe we are a coach-led team and I'm not sure how that means you're in big trouble?

Coach led all the way, We just don't have a leader on this team right now, I thought it would be Robey, didn't work out.

FWIW I do believe we are a coach-led team and I'm not sure how that means you're in big trouble?

What I THINK he meant is that if you're not being led by players at this point in the season, it means the team hasn't coalesced, hasn't really become a fully formed team. He wasn't advocating insubordination against the coach.

Maybe he is full of it, but the biggest takeaway for me is that I really struggled to come up with even one guy who's doing that for us.

I don't think we have a leader on the floor.

Coach led all the way, We just don't have a leader on this team right now, I thought it would be Robey, didn't work out.

I never saw Roberson as a leader, maybe Coleman but I honestly don't believe a non-star or important cog on a team can really be a leader, maybe in the clubhouse but not on the floor. A leader is a person who people follow by example or lead, don't think that can be a guy who doesn't perform on the court.

Coming into the year I was thinking Lydon may be that leader but he hasn't either, if I had to choose who would be one now I'd probably say Lydon but it's weak.

White and Gillon have both specifically mentioned leadership - and they have throughout the season; are they doing it? I don't know. But this is one place where we miss G and Trevor the most (aside from their actual play).

I'd imagine it's hard for 2 5th YR seniors to come from the outside and be leaders

I never saw Roberson as a leader, maybe Coleman but I honestly don't believe a non-star or important cog on a team can really be a leader, maybe in the clubhouse but not on the floor. A leader is a person who people follow by example or lead, don't think that can be a guy who doesn't perform on the court.

Coming into the year I was thinking Lydon may be that leader but he hasn't either, if I had to choose who would be one now I'd probably say Lydon but it's weak.

If he comes back, he should be able to take over that role next year.

White and Gillon have both specifically mentioned leadership - and they have throughout the season; are they doing it? I don't know. But this is one place where we miss G and Trevor the most (aside from their actual play).

I'd imagine it's hard for 2 5th YR seniors to come from the outside and be leaders

Almost impossible, especially for White who got to Su like 5 minutes before classes started.

If he comes back, he should be able to take over that role next year.

If he didn't this year, not sure his personality will change to an alpha next year.

He could, but he is going to have to do some soul searching and figure out who he is and what he needs to do to go to that next level.

Why didn't Dakich recruit any leaders at Bowling Green?

This is the most leaderless SU team since 2007-08

I'm curious how everyone comes to conclusions like this. None of us are inside the locker room, we don't see the practices.

I see Lydon directing traffic all game long, as well as leading huddle discussions. He's the leader in my mind.

Not really sure but Dan Dakich stinks. Never really liked him and then went on about a 5 minute rant during a non-duke broadcast about how much the nation overreacted about Grayson Allen

Dakish is great, speaks his mind. You must love all of espns softball commentary and programming.

I'm curious how everyone comes to conclusions like this. None of us are inside the locker room, we don't see the practices.
After watching every Syracuse team (way too obsessively) since 1989, you tend to pick up on things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom