Damien Lillard | Syracusefan.com

Damien Lillard

Might be the most underrated player in the league. Who's the best player he's ever played with?

rookie of the year, 4 time all star, 1st team all nba
casual fans might under-appreciate him, but his peers & the nba media certainly don't underrate him

I don't even think casual fans under-appreciate him anymore. The underrated stuff came about because he didn't make the all-star game a few years in a row in which he didn't really deserve to make it simply because of all the other guards in the West. But he's going to finish on the 1st or 2nd All-NBA team 3 of the past 4 years and will potentially finish top 5 in MVP voting this year after finishing top 5 in MVP voting the year before and I don't think anyone is really questioning whether or not he's deserving of that.

Lillard’s been better than Westbrook, its a shame it took this long for other fans to realize.

Westbrook rocking the baby was such an oh yeah, he must have forgotten what its like to win a playoff game moment.

Lil stayed quiet and lowered the casket with McCollum. He’s cold as ice. Most underrated player in sports.

Am I out of line to say Dame/CJ might be on the level of Steph/Klay right now? Two best backcourts in the league.

Am I out of line to say Dame/CJ might be on the level of Steph/Klay right now? Two best backcourts in the league.

Probably out of line, yeah. I think Steph is still better than Lillard and Klay is undoubtedly better than CJ due to his defense (and also is a better shooter despite CJ being good in his own right).

They're in the discussion, but they aren't better than the Warriors guards.

It is crazy how fortunes change - a few years ago weren't the Blazers thinking of breaking up that backcourt?

It's one of the best and worst shots I have ever seen in that situation. To even take it is just insane and it was absolutely dead on. It didn't even make sense. It's one of the longest threes you'll ever see someone willingly take.

It's one of the best and worst shots I have ever seen in that situation. To even take it is just insane and it was absolutely dead on. It didn't even make sense. It's one of the longest threes you'll ever see someone willingly take.

I read that Lillard was something like 5-5 in that series from 30+ feet out. So for those scoring at home, Lillard is significantly more efficient from Dan Majerle-ville than Oshae is from 1 foot in front of the basket.

Great read here:

Inside the assassin's mindset — and trash talk — of Damian Lillard’s matchup against Russell Westbrook

Lillard showed a social-media clip of him telling Westbrook, “Stop running from this a** whoopin’,” as Lillard grew weary of Westbrook switching off him, while Lillard continued to be Westbrook’s primary defender.

And what came out of Westbrook’s mouth during a few of his post-basket outbursts was the B-word, something most players wouldn’t dismiss without an altercation.

“The way I see it, it’s basketball,” Lillard told Yahoo Sports. “I know I ain’t no b-----a** mother------; so it doesn’t bother me.

“I’m not out here to prove to these dudes that I’m the hardest mother------ in the league because they cussed at me on the court. But they know where I’m from and what I’m about. This Oakland. But I don’t take s--- personal. My goal is to get the win.”

I read that Lillard was something like 5-5 in that series from 30+ feet out. So for those scoring at home, Lillard is significantly more efficient from Dan Majerle-ville than Oshae is from 1 foot in front of the basket.

This wasn’t a 30 footer though. It was a 35 footer. After the make last night, he’s only 25% on those shots in his career (2/8)

Seth Curry was stationed next to the OKC bench just before Lillard's series winning shot. Apparently, he told the OKC bench that Lillard was going to send them home. You can see Curry just stare down the bench right after the shot went down.

Seth Curry was stationed next to the OKC bench just before Lillard's series winning shot. Apparently, he told the OKC bench that Lillard was going to send them home. You can see Curry just stare down the bench right after the shot went down.

That’s cold.

Love it.

His wave goodbye after the shot was as cold as it gets.
Loved the shot, hated the wave. Many grumble about lack of respect, but don't want to show that same respect to others. See it more and more in sports. Call me a grumpy old man, but thought it was classless. Why not let the shot do the talking?

Might be the most underrated player in the league. Who's the best player he's ever played with?

CJ McCollum and Jusuf Nurkic are both very good players.

Dame is awesome

Iverson tweeted "God Dame!"

I have to admit that's a higher quality pun than I would have expected from him.
He just misspelled it. Georgetown

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom