Damien Rhodes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Damien Rhodes

Also didn’t realize how successful a career he had at Cuse. 24 rushing touchdowns and missed 2/3 of his soph year, averaged 4.5 per over his career. Guy obviously knows football, like many former d1 guys.
Also had a good coaching run at FM

They adjusted for Dungey’s strengths.
Do we have any strengths now to adjust to?
Any coach could have adjusted to Dungey's strengths he was a very gifted athlete who made his coaches and teammates better and he was a Schaffer recruit to boot look at all the players Dino has recruited maybe close to 100 and not to many of them have excelled , I think that coaches like Marrone - Edsall and Schiano would have made much better teams with the same players Dino recruited, I like Dino very much as a person but he is in way over his head in the ACC.

We've got to aim higher. Freeney and Jones can chip in a few bucks. I'm not sure if McNabb has any money left with his legal troubles.
How about our board of trustees apply for a ( PPP ) loan ?

They adjusted for Dungey’s strengths.
Do we have any strengths now to adjust to?

Dungey made his own adjustments. Dino often made comments about Dungey not listening to his advice to not risk the hits and just throw the ball away. Dungey on his own turned so many W TF plays into huge gains.

Dungey made his own adjustments. Dino often made comments about Dungey not listening to his advice to not risk the hits and just throw the ball away. Dungey on his own turned so many W TF plays into huge gains.
Damn good thing he did or our record that 10 -3 season could have been 3 -10

They also adjusted for Dungey. Not taking the hits was so Dungey could last the season. Game plan vs individual plays.

Ok. So you get a freshman QB with poor line play. Roll him out! Yeah they’ll never think of that.

truth is simple. Season was shredded on day 1, when we had no spring camp and had a bunch of OL injuries.

We need to become the new Kansas State and be transfer U. With new transfer rules Babers should spend all his focus on the transfer route.

They also adjusted for Dungey. Not taking the hits was so Dungey could last the season. Game plan vs individual plays.

Dungey's strengths were extending plays and running out of trouble often for gains or to give himself time to throw to an open receiver. That's all Dungey not the coaches.

What specific changes did the stuff make?

Dungey's strengths were extending plays and running out of trouble often for gains or to give himself time to throw to an open receiver. That's all Dungey not the coaches.

During the Dungey era I always felt as though we had a chance to win every game because of him. It was just the energy and leadership he brought. I miss that

Ok. So you get a freshman QB with poor line play. Roll him out! Yeah they’ll never think of that.

truth is simple. Season was shredded on day 1, when we had no spring camp and had a bunch of OL injuries.
We had one sure fire starter (who is now back) on the OL hurt. That's it.

Everytime you post all I see in my head is your running around with your fingers in your ears and your eyes closed yelling 'injuries and opt-outs, injuries and opt-outs!!!!' The defensive guys didn't opt-out until AFTER they saw what a sheet-show this team is. We had 2 RBs opt-out and found a capable backup pretty quick. Rhodes is telling you flat out what a horrible job this staff is doing and you're still in denial. We ain't gonna fire Dino, got it. But if you're expecting miracles next year just because we get spring camp and no-opt outs you are sorely mistaken. We got shut-out by a freaking 2-7 team. You need to chew on that for a while.

Everytime you post all I see in my head is your running around with your fingers in your ears and your eyes closed yelling 'injuries and opt-outs, injuries and opt-outs!!!!' The defensive guys didn't opt-out until AFTER they saw what a sheet-show this team is. We had 2 RBs opt-out and found a capable backup pretty quick. Rhodes is telling you flat out what a horrible job this staff is doing and you're still in denial. We ain't gonna fire Dino, got it. But if you're expecting miracles next year just because we get spring camp and no-opt outs you are sorely mistaken. We got shut-out by a freaking 2-7 team. You need to chew on that for a while.

Pretty much how I see it. Coming into the season, I knew you'd have to consider the unique circumstances and I posted as much, but I didn't expect THIS bad. And then you have to consider next year, Cisco and Trill aren't coming back and I don't get the sense we'll see Adams or Howard in Orange again (although I could be wrong about that.) But even still, you are right that Tucker has filled in quite well. Hopefully we get a full season of Tommy and a full season of Davis and Bleich and they improve the line.

I realize Cusian is loyal to the coaches and that's admirable in a way. He was one of the last holdouts on Shafer and was going after any crticism of him. Hopefully he's more right about Dino than he was then and injuries and hold-outs are the only problem. I have my doubts.

Straw man.

Tell me the changes they didn’t make. You don’t think the play calling is different for Devito. What happened to the inside passing game?

How about our board of trustees apply for a ( PPP ) loan ?

Here is the irony of the situation...there is one person in the athletic department that would be able to get our high level football player alumni to kick in money if they believed in the program. That person was not a board favorite towards the end of his run in the football program but is in the perfect position at SU now. Any guesses??

Straw man or figure of speech...I don't think he's actually expecting miracles. How would you like me to put it? If you're expecting an instant turn-around? Is that better?
6-6 and bowling next year given full preparation and installation time, and barring the freakish injuries of this year. There are some things that didn't work out, which have set us back and will take a bit to overcome. It is what it is.

6-6 and bowling next year given full preparation and installation time, and barring the freakish injuries of this year. There are some things that didn't work out, which have set us back and will take a bit to overcome. It is what it is.
That should be the measuring stick yes. Some of us are starting to think it's not going to happen. I bought all the injury and opt-out stuff early on but there is more going on here. I would have accepted a losing season with some flashes and whatever. We are one of the worst teams in all of D1 football right now. DB is not the DB we hired, that guy was balls to the wall, he's pretty much turned into another play not to lose coach in the past two years.

That should be the measuring stick yes. Some of us are starting to think it's not going to happen. I bought all the injury and opt-out stuff early on but there is more going on here. I would have accepted a losing season with some flashes and whatever. We are one of the worst teams in all of D1 football right now. DB is not the DB we hired, that guy was balls to the wall, he's pretty much turned into another play not to lose coach in the past two years.

He certainly looks like a guy that has lost his fastball and his mojo but a season like this will do that to you but he showed signs last year as well. Just doesn't seem locked in like he was or have the same energy and enthusiasm but not meeting expectations will do that, Tough spot but next year will be the turn around or we will most likely be out looking... AGAIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom