Damn that Mike Waters... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Damn that Mike Waters...

‘All right, I’ll see you Tuesday.’

End of story.

‘All right, I’ll see you Tuesday.’

End of story.

And seriously, if that was the extent of the convo and JB's lone words, I'd be disappointed in JB.

And seriously, if that was the extent of the convo and JB's lone words, I'd be disappointed in JB.

More remarkable would be the 'mom it was just a misunderstanding, and then she was OK' comment. Wish my parents were so understanding, could have used that explanation to get out of a lot of trouble had I known they'd believe it!!

We're not Kentucky. Our players don't have the means to shop at Armani and Versace.

They don't even do the shopping either. That stuff is on top of the cash in their visitor bags during officials.

the two things to come out of this as far as I'm concerned:

-- Waters handled it perfectly.

-- this is why the court of public opinion is not beholden to the whole innocent until proven guilty. Not only is it human to judge, sometimes it's even more accurate. I applaud the courts for striving to adhere to an innocent until proven guilty standard (not that it always works that way), but a bunch of dudes on an internet message board should be allowed to at least try and figure out what's going on before waiting for a formal judicial review.

How hard would it be for L&T to say "it was a misunderstanding"? Then we'd have closure.

Gotta be a conspiracy that he is in on...the majority of the people here were adamant it wasn't him.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I think most people didn't believe there was a mall security guy who was bigger than MCW. I know I didn't. Now I know. That's the only reason I thought the photos were suspect.

The issue is over and done with, and we should all move on. I think Mike's article was solid and needed at this point. MCW stepped up and addressed it responsibly. Case closed in my book.

How hard would it be for L&T to say "it was a misunderstanding"? Then we'd have closure.

Or better yet, the security officer's definition of 'misunderstanding' vs. L&T's management. ;)

Either he got special treatment or times have changed.
Years ago I spent considerable bucks at a large hardware store in Olympia, down by the docks, outfitting a boat. One day I was up a mast trying to drill through metal to secure lighting and I needed a better drill bit. i could not find the key for the chuck so when I went to the store to buy a better bit i tried to buy a key. i bought the dam drill there. The only key they had was on a display drill. They would not let me buy it so I pocketed it. They put me in the City jail and valued the item at 35 cents. This was before cell phones. No one had any idea what happened to me as there was no phone on the boat. The local newspaper wrote a story about it. Given the value of the item alleged to have been taken, MCW may well have benefitted from special treatment.

This board has been an amazing social experiment to follow the past 48 hours. Just amazing.
Most experiments have an objective. What was it here? Insanity?!

Either he got special treatment or times have changed.
Years ago I spent considerable bucks at a large hardware store in Olympia, down by the docks, outfitting a boat. One day I was up a mast trying to drill through metal to secure lighting and I needed a better drill bit. i could not find the key for the chuck so when I went to the store to buy a better bit i tried to buy a key. i bought the dam drill there. The only key they had was on a display drill. They would not let me buy it so I pocketed it. They put me in the City jail and valued the item at 35 cents. This was before cell phones. No one had any idea what happened to me as there was no phone on the boat. The local newspaper wrote a story about it. Given the value of the item alleged to have been taken, MCW may well have benefitted from special treatment.

The merchant always has the right to choose to pursue it, or not, and may very well pick and choose who it decides to pursue. It may have chosen not to pursue in this case simply because it didn't want the negative publicity of being the merchant associated with MCW ending up in court and any potential harm that may do to SU's season. Could be that it was safer for them to take back the merchandise or force him to pay for it and tell him to stay out of their store. They aren't in the business of teaching kids lessons, just maximizing sales.

The merchant always has the right to choose to pursue it, or not, and may very well pick and choose who it decides to pursue. It may have chosen not to pursue in this case simply because it didn't want the negative publicity of being the merchant associated with MCW ending up in court and any potential harm that may do to SU's season. Could be that it was safer for them to take back the merchandise or force him to pay for it and tell him to stay out of their store. They aren't in the business of teaching kids lessons, just maximizing sales.
I'd guess if you charged every shoplifter, you'd spend more time in court than your business plan would allow.

what a surprise huh? See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, therefore no evil.
I was thinking more along the lines of, "no criminal charge, therefor no criminal charge"

I find those immediately jumping to a conclusion that one of our players is a filthy shoplifter based on a single picture in a single tweet much worse than those that cling to denial.

I was thinking more along the lines of, "no criminal charge, therefor no criminal charge"

I find those immediately jumping to a conclusion that one of our players is a filthy shoplifter based on a single picture in a single tweet much worse than those that cling to denial.
maybe some know more about this than others. And the point is that we (we meaning in general not referring to you) we all throw slings and arrows at other programs but can be hyperdefensive of things when the shoes on the other foot not being too quick to be introspective on the likelyhood of trangression within our own deal.

With this, if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

"See you Tuesday" could mean that is when JB is getting back from Fla, and that JB and MCW will sit down and have a heart to heart and that JB will consider punishment at that point.
You know?

MCW should know there are smarter places to shoplift. Take Burlington, for instance. It's like speeding at rush hour.

Burlington. Name Brands at a discount..... A five finger discount.

I'm going to assume this all behind us and we won't hear another word about it. Until MCW gets suspended the day before the NCAA tournament :bang:

I'm going to assume this all behind us and we won't hear another word about it. Until MCW gets suspended the day before the NCAA tournament :bang:

anyone who likes this not at all funny anymore post should impose a self ban forever

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom